Chapter- 20(Glimpses of Face off part 2)

I was confused as we drove past the left turn, the turn towards our house. As much as I wanted to point out and question where the hell he's taking us. I sealed my mouth probably because I couldn't even look him in the eye.

 I have guts, but I'm still a sensitive person. I know I shouldn't beat myself for what happened an hour ago because I had an equal and an opposite reaction to his actions.

Still, I can't stop blaming myself for this mess... My reaction also had a reaction(consequences), one I should have thought of before...

I looked at Mani, who was trying to notice the sudden changes in her surrounding," You missed our turn. Take a U-turn from here and drop us our home," she said more like giving a command to him.

He didn't pay attention and ignored her words, but that didn't stop her from being...her

"Are you suddenly deaf? Did Aisha hit that hard?" Mani mocked him while smirking.

My eyes grew wider. No, Mani just did not... joked regarding this. Oh my God. It's official either my friend has a death wish, or she's just a fearless bad bitch who shows people their place.

After knowing Mani for years, I'll go with the second one.

I was preoccupied with my thoughts when the Car abruptly stopped. Causing me to jump from my seat. Always wear Seatbelts, kids.

"What the hell did you say?" Harshit yelled while both his hands tightened around the staring wheel & his brows were drawn together, and his face looked extremely pissed.

"You want me to repeat that for you?" she said to him while crossing her hands," I said, did Aisha, a girl, Hit you that hard that your hearing ability is destroyed"she finished her sentence with an evil smile on her face

oh no, I know that expression. She just challenged Harshit.

Nooooo, this is sooooo noooottt rightttt timmmeeee!

I should do something. I need to stop this before it even begins. God, I'm going to become a sandwich between them...

"I guess Mani wants to say is that you missed our turn... it's not like we are complaining--"

"I think it exactly looks like we are complaining," Mani poked in between to calm down the Harshit session.

I peeked at Mani with disbelief. Why the hell she's doing this? Mani, no not the time to go all Alpha female right now.... seriously not the good time!

"Get out," Harshit said in a low voice while placing his head on the steering wheel," Get out of the car, before I forget you are a girl," he threatened us.

"O..okay... we'll get out..." I spoke in a low voice trying to calm down Harshit. I looked at Mani with pleading eyes to stop whatever comeback she was thinking. But her expression changed drastically & she grinned," Gladly,"

She looked at me and then winked.

Whatt?....wait!

She was trying to get on Harshit's nerves so that he drops us off. Clever Mani, I give you that!!

I happily grabbed my bags and tossed Mani's bag to her. She got out while I unlocked the car door to get out. I stepped one of my healthy legs on the ground to get the balance right. Mani just closed the car door and walked towards me until someone grabbed my back bag from behind and shoved me inside the car.

I was thrown back when I heard someone saying," Not you,"

The car door closed & drove at high speed. I glanced out of the window to see Mani's shocked face. She held out her phone and was calling someone. Suddenly my phone started vibrating, Mani

"Dude, what the hell happened??" Mani questioned me, but my voice was stuck inside my throat. I just couldn't process what just happened.

Before I could form any words, Harshit snatched my phone from my hand and put it on the loudspeaker.

"Hey!! give me that!" I exclaimed while trying up to the driver's seat to grab my phone, but as soon as I put pressure on my ankle. I groaned because of the pain and ended up holding my ankle up to my chest.

"Aishu?? What happened? Are you okay?" Mani said on the other side of the phone. She sounded concerned while I was in pain and unavailable to speak.

"Ya, she's fine," Harshit spoke on my behalf. After clearly seeing I'm far away from being fine!

"Listen up now, I'm gonna take her to the hospital. Get her checked up & then will drop her home. I would have gladly taken you with your friend if you weren't desperately trying to annoy the shit out of me," Harshit exclaimed to Mani. 

While I listened patiently," You think you are so clever that you'll say shit to me and I'll let both of you go," he chuckled deviously and shook his head," More like foolish which, I guess you are"

"Dude, I don't care what you think about me. Honestly Idgaf. But if you lay a finger on Aisha, I swear I'll rip---" Mani wasn't even finished with her threats until Harshit hung up on her.

He turned my phone on vibration and slid it into his pocket. He couldn't care less about Mani's threats.

He must think no one can hurt him, but there's where he's wrong. Mani can hurt him. With the right motive, she can and will strike.

He doesn't know Mani's full name. He doesn't know about her family.

Just to ensure my doubt," Do you even know on whom you hung up?" I questioned Harshit, "What made you think I care?" he said in an annoyed voice.

Okay, so he doesn't know... Should I tell him?

No, but Mani wanted a low profile so that people won't come to bother her. She wanted a fresh start & has successfully accomplished it. I can't ruin that for her. It's not my place to reveal someone's else secret.

I decided against telling him about Mani and focused on the road ahead. He peeked at me from the rear view mirror, and we held eye contact until my phone vibrated again. He took out to see the caller Id until he switched out my phone and shoved it back into his pocket.

Okay, first of all, Rude! Second of all, it's my phone, for god sake. And third of all...

Wait, Why I'm not saying anything..??

I opened my mouth to ask who is it, but Harshit might have already sensed my question. So he spoke up before me," You little boyfriend can get a hold of you after we are done here,"

I got confused about the little boyfriend part. Like I have been single for almost all of my life. So how can I have a boyfriend??... OH SHIT! HIMINISH!

.

.

.

.

.

Hello, my beautiful readers!

Hope you liked the clash between Mani and Harshit XD

I can assure you they are going to clash a lot ;)

However, before that, Support your girl!

Vote, Share & Follow for more! ;)