Chapter 6: A Friendly Neighbor

Luz opens the door slightly and it's her landlord looking furious and ready to barge into her apartment, Luz blocks the door with her leg and leaves only a crack.

The landlord *furious*: " Open the door, I know you have many people inside and I have clarified, that no parties are allowed!"

Luz *sighs*: " Mrs. Hamar I'm not having a party, it's just my friends hanging out here and they're going to leave later."

Mrs. Hamar: " You're not fooling me, you're most definitely going to smoke with your BF!"

Luz: " Ma'am, we broke up 3 months ago!"

Mrs. Hamar: " I'm not talking about that imbecile, I'm talking about..."

A bearded hipster-looking guy with brown hair, brown eyes, arm and neck tattoos, wearing a black denim jacket, a big backpack, and all black shows up in the hallway.

Mrs. Hamar: " Speaking about the devil! Marco! if you think you and your girlfriend will have a smoking party in this building, forget it! And you better tell me when you'll move in together, so I'd put the other apartment for rent"

Marco: " I didn't know I had a girlfriend."

Mrs. Hamar: " You and Luz are dating! you can't fool me, I see how you look at her and a few nights ago you were smoking at her door"

Marco is Luz's friendly neighbor and while he has feelings for her that he has expressed in many ways, she is somehow still oblivious to it, he tries to explain to the landlord that there's no such a thing between them.

Aliaan * leans towards Luz and looks her in the eyes*: " I thought you're going to date me!"

Luz gets flustered but tries to not show any reaction to Aliaan, unfortunately for her, her cheeks don't lie. Aliaan notices her blushing, he smirks in a confident playful manner, which irritates Luz.

Luz: " I don't believe we've agreed on anything yet, plus you were flirting with my friend just a few minutes ago!"

Aliaan: " I did it to see your reaction"

Thiyya *sarcastically*: " Right! It can't be that you changed your mind after she rejected you"

Aliaan: " The reason I came here mainly is because of Luz, she accidentally lured me here" *chuckles*

Mrs. Hamar: " And who is this astonishing beautiful young man?"

Aliaan: " Woah, this is my first time seeing such an old wrinkly lady!"

Mrs. Hamar * in utter shock, eyes wide open and stuttering*: " Excuse me? I'm 45!"

Aliaan * stunned*: " We're the same age?!"

Maanaa: " Maybe think before you speak?!"

Luz:" Excuse him, he's not from around here!"

Mrs. Hamar *hurt*: " Foreigners are so rude these days!"

The landlord gets a phone call and she leaves as fast as she could while feeling embarrassed and confused at the same time.

Marco: " You have friends over? this is a first"

Luz:" Oh! Hi Marco, sorry for all the fuss and misunderstandings, I hope we didn't bother you"

Marco: " Not at all, I'm more concerned about you dating this guy, how long have you known each other?"

Luz * embarrassed*: " 3 days ago?!!"