Chapter 9: A Turn of Events

Maanaa: " Xeelai, wait I think something is knocking on my window"

Xeelai: " I know, haha, let me in!"

Maanaa opens the window and there he is, a stunning man, even more, handsome than Aliaan with a smirk drawn on his face, his lavender hair swinging, and as the mist starts to fade, it reveals his purplish blue eyes, impeccable jawline, sharp but dreamy eyes.

Xeelai, circles around Maanaa in excitement, wraps his arms around her then his wings and gives her a blissful hug to show how much he was excited to see her.

he then whispers in her ear: " I missed you terribly" 

Maana * hugs him back*: " And so did I, my friend, you smell of home"

Xeelai hands her a box, and she opens it in excitement, while Xeelai looks at her softly and dearly.

Maanaa: " You are the best, hydration lotion, my work, garments, and everything I need, thank you so very much"

Xeelai: " You don't need to thank me, I'm just happy to see your lovely face"

Xeelai has never been shy with his flirtations with Maanaa, but she seems to be clueless about his advances, perhaps because his charm, charisma, and playfulness make him look like he's joking.

Xeelai: " Is Aliaan around? I have something for him too"

Maanaa: " I don't know where he is, he stormed out earlier for some reason"

Xeelai waves his wings to send a signal for Aliaan to come home and soon after Aliaan enters the apartment.

Xeelai exits the room and both of them lift their wings upwards and upfront as a form of greeting.

Aliaan: " You arrived quicker than anticipated, we didn't prepare a room for you"

Xeelai: " No need, I have a house nearby, Maanaa is coming with me"

Aliaan *in shock*: " Already?" *turns to Maanaa* "in the flap of a wing you're going with him?"

Maanaa rolls her eyes and ignores Aliaan, she then proceeds to drag a bag with her stuff out of her room.

Meanwhile, Luz is standing there in pure shock, her eyes tracing every inch of Xeelai's body, in her mind, she's thinking that she just saw the incarnation of an anime character, she is shocked that someone even hotter than Aliaan exists.

She begins daydreaming about him falling in love with her, and then the two extraterrestrials fight for her in a galactic love triangle, while Maanaa suffers from envy. She looks down and catches her reflection in the mirror of her coffee table.

Luz *to herself*: " this is a disaster, I look like a dried turd, I must do something about this mess before he sees me"

She then rushes to her room fixes her hair, puts on a new dress and some make-up, and comes back out, she stands there for 10 more minutes before Xeelai finally looks her way.

Xeelai * while handing Aliaan his box his family sent*: " Oh, and this must be your earthen girlfriend!"

Aliaan *tuts*: " This is Luz, Luz meet Xeelai"

Luz walks toward Xeelai shily and puts part of her hair behind her ear while smiling softly, she extends her hand to reach for a handshake.

Luz *blushing*: " Hi, nice to meet you, and welcome to my humble abode"

Xeelai: " Thank you, I won't stay here for long, and Maanaa is coming with me, thank you for taking care of her"

Luz gets shivers down the spine as she realizes how ridiculous she's acting, Xeelai was showing no interest in her, and the whole time he talked to her, his eyes were on Maanaa.

Luz * forces a smile*: " No problem, we have become good friends"

Maanaa:" Luz, do you want me to keep this room or remove it for you?"

Luz *puzzled*: " Umm, I....hmm, I think I'll keep it for now"

Maanaa: " Understood, we must go now, I have work to catch up on"

Xeelai: " See you soon, Oh, and Aliaan, if you two want to visit my house, I'll send you a location signal"

Aliaan * visibly upset and staring at Maanaa*: " Sure! we'll see you later."

Aliaan somehow feels a sense of betrayal and while he knows he shouldn't he still can't shake it. He has never really liked Xeelai and his people, and Maanaa is well aware of that and yet she left him with no one other than the man he despises the most.

Luz *clenching her teeth*: " My love, I am going out with my friends, do you want to come?" deep down Luz wants him to reject her offer so she can tell her friends the whole story from her perspective freely.

Aliaan: " My love, I am sorry, I must decline, I need to unbox this package from Aaraa and see what messages were sent to me, have fun with your friends!"

Luz *sighs in relief*: " It's ok my love, see you soon."

Luz leaves in excitement while Aliaan starts unboxing what he received. There are many things including Aaraan food that he loves his father made for him, he notices a message from his family, the messages are in form of pills, that he swallows that then get projected through his wings, this method is not used on Aaaraa anymore, but they use it when traveling to other planets.

 While watching each message, Aliaan can smell, feel, and experience the ambiance of when it was recorded.

Aliaan, watches all the other messages and leaves his family's for last, he gets angry at some Elder messages urging him to go back and not risk his life, some even told him his genes cannot fit that of an earthen. He finds it exasperating how word travels so fast on his planet.

Aliaan * to himself* *tuts*: " They have no power over me, I can't believe they praise themselves for being wise and yet they say such closed-minded nonsense!"

He finally reaches the last message. His parents greet him and tell him how much they've missed him, it warms his heart but he tries to deny it. 

His mother: " My son, please come back, we miss you dearly, come get treated, some people said you want to stay there forever, will you? my son, will you give us up and never even say goodbye? my eyes will dry up from sorrow, come see us at least one last time.."

His father: " My most precious, I long for your presence, come back to us, bring that earthen if you will but don't cut us off, your health will deteriorate, at least come take the supplements you need to survive in that dry place"

Aliaan realizes he has no choice but to go back, he knew this was going to happen, but how will he face Luz? he decides to wait patiently by the door for her, a few hours go by, and there she is.

Aliaan: " Luz, I must talk to you."

Luz realizes there's something wrong.

Luz: " Are you leaving me?"

Aliaan; " I'm sorry, I have to, I need to but I will come back in a year or so"

Luz starts crying and whining in unintelligible mumbles. 

Luz * sniffing*: " Then.. then... then take me with you" *bursts into tears again.