Chapter 26: Knowing When To Stop

Luz wakes up to find Aliaan holding her hand and waiting, she quickly jerks off his hand, looks around her, then notices how big her belly is, and she starts freaking out.

Luz: " How long have I been out? my belly is huge, did I sleep for months?"

Aliaan: " No, just a few days, the doctors, started to realize it and I had to pull some tricks, we will leave soon, the others went to Aaraa to bring some help, they'll be here soon, but the baby is growing at an exponential rate, so you can't stay here and you need extra care"

The others pop out suddenly from their wormholes, and the couple notices a new person, they greet each other and start talking about the next course of action.

Suunuu: " I brought something for you and the baby, but we need to move you from here, I can't risk an earthen finding out anything."

Aliaan: " Makes sense, let's go to our house, it should be more comfortable for Luz"

Thiyya: " Wait! will traveling like this harm Luz?"

Maanaa: " No! it's safe, let's go now before someone catches us!"

They escape to Luz's house before the nurse opens the door and catches them, the poor nurse is left confused because she never saw them leave.

The group sits down in the living room to discuss, Luz notices that everyone is avoiding direct eye contact with her, so she figures there must be some bad news.

Luz: " You guys! Just tell me, I know there's something wrong, just lay it flat"

Suunuu decides to deliver the bad news herself, the couple listens to her attentively as their facial expressions start to change, but surprisingly Luz doesn't burst out crying as everyone expects of her, she sits there silent for a moment then grabs her phone and calls Maya.

Luz: " Maya? are you home?"

Maya: " No, I'm at the cemetery"

Luz *confused*: " What are you doing there? I need you"

Thiyya: " Luz don't!"

Luz: " She is my friend, why is everyone here but her? she can fucking teleport! she didn't even come to see me at the hospital!"

Maya: " Hospital? what do you mean? what happened? are you ok?"

Luz: " Wait! you didn't know?"

Maya: " Know about what?"

Luz * sighs*: " Meet me at your house, now"

Thiyya holds Luz's hand and tries to tell her about what happened to Maya but Luz shakes her hand off and asks her to save it for later as she jumps to Maya's house. The others follow her shortly after except for Suunuu who goes back to Aaraa.

Luz: " Open the door tp the basement for me, there's something I need to do Maya"

Maya *notices her belly*: " How did this happen? Oh my-"

Luz: " I need to get my second wish now! I need to save my baby, open Utopia, please!"

Maya: " Are you sure this is the best thing to do?"

Luz: " You don't have to come with me, just hold my hand to open the gate!"

Luz grabs Maya by force and takes her down to the gate and as soon as they open it, Luz jumps in before anyone can catch her.

Ziri: " Not again! Not her doing something rashly without a second thought yet again, after all of this, she still chooses to ignore us!"

Marco: " Is it even safe for her to go in by herself?"