Chapter 14: Awaited Confrontations

Luz and Aliaan return from their honeymoon, but soon they find themselves stuck in the apartment with nothing to do. The idea that they shouldn't have shunned their friends creeps into their heads, after all, they need people other than their partner to confide to.

Luz: " I still can't believe they didn't even congratulate us after I posted pictures and videos of our marriage and honeymoon"

Aliaan: " I never expected them to"

Luz: " Yeah, but they should have!"

Aliaan: " I didn't say they shouldn't have, I just said it was expected"

Luz: " The way you said it sounds like you're on their side!"

Aliaan: " How? How did you get to that conclusion?"

Luz:" It's your tone!"

Aliaan: " You do realize, as an Aaraan, my tone, manners, body language, and way of speech are largely different from those of an earthen, right?"

Luz: " Ugh! you sound just like my ex!"

Aliaan * very confused*: " Your ex was also extraterrestrial?"

Luz *sighs*: " You know what? Never mind, just forget it."

Luz exits the room, leaving Aliaan stunned at what just happened, he then remembers reading about how on earth people would start arguments about something because they're annoyed about another entirely different thing.

Aliaan decides to try and contact Luz's friends  to get her out of her bad mood but he can't talk to them directly without Luz finding out, he can only contact his people without her knowing, and who to contact other than Xeelai, the idea gives him an ick but he knows he can't just contact Maanaa after betraying her.

Finally, Aliaan stops being such an annoying brat for like a minute and sends wave signals to Xeelai to inform him they should meet in the park nearby.

On the other side, Xeelai receives the signals and informs Maanaa.

Xeelai:" I did not expect him to contact us so soon"

Maanaa: " He must be bored"

Xeelai: " Should I tell him about the portal to Utopia and Luz's parents?"

Maanaa * smirks*: " You know, I like that you trust my judgment so much" *smiles softly while looking fondly at him*

Xeelai * blushing in extraterrestrial*: " You're one of the wisest beings I know and my favorite of all"

Maanaa * also blushes in extraterrestrial but a different tint*: " Uhum, back to our subject, I think we should ask the others"

Maanaa proceeds to send messages explaining the situation to the friends' group chat. The friends agree to let Aliaan know about the possibility of finding her parents as long as he promises not to tell Luz yet. They also agreed not to tell him about the portal.

Xeelai leaves to meet Aliaan, as he reaches the park, he notices Aliaan from a distance looking uneasy and pensive which is quite unlike him.

Xeelai: " Greetings, you look distraught"

Aliaan: " Greetings, I am concerned about my relationship, if this is how it's going to be then I don't want it, I forgot people from this planet aren't very rational"

Aliaan realizes he shared too much so he changes the subject.

Aliaan: " Luz is upset her friends did not congratulate her on the wedding, she even got upset at me for telling her it was expected, I think she needs her friends back, do you think, they'd want her back?"