Chapter 8: Conflicting Priorities

Luz blushes, and her heart rate gets even faster, she looks down at her boyfriend, he looks even hotter, her eyes migrate down at his plump lips, she gets an uncontrollable desire, she leans down and closes her eyes, sticks out her lips, going for a kiss...

But she doesn't reach them she pushes even further but her neck starts hurting, she opens her eyes to see Aliaan shook, his eyes wide open and blushing, they stare at each other for a few seconds, then Aliaan rushes and stands up looking all flustered, his hand scratching the back of his head.

Aliaan's heart races so fast, faster than it ever did, he begins wondering if this is the effect Earth has on him, he's become so weak for a human woman, he vowed to never be at the mercy of a woman again, never to have his heart broken again, he vowed he would never love someone more than the other does.

Aliaan: " I- I need to buy another humidifier, I think my skin is getting dry... see you later, bye" *he says hurriedly * " Oh, and thank you so much for being here for me... I'll be right back"

Aliaan then leaves the apartment so fast he looked like a flash. Luz then buries her head in the pillows and screams in agony out of embarrassment. She shakes it off and heads toward Maanaa's room for a talk.

Luz *knocking on Maanaa's door*: " Hey, can we talk for a minute?"

Maanaa opens her door and a wave of mist leaves through the crack, her room appears dark and she emerges from the midst of the mist like a godly ghost.

Maanaa: " If this is about Aliaan, don't even bother, he and I are through, I can no longer see him as a friend"

Luz * taming her joy about what she just heard*: " I wanted to hear your side of the story" 

Maanaa tells Luz the story without stating Aliaan's true intentions, Luz, on the other hand, alters her facial expression to give off the impression that she sympathizes with her, she brings out her doe eyes and pouts a little bit in an expression of theatrical sadness.

Luz: " I'm sorry he did this to you, I understand where you stand completely and I feel like this is my fault"

Maanaa: " I don't believe this is your fault, you did nothing wrong, it was a deal between us and he broke it, I already sent a signal to Xeelai, a friend of mine, he traveled to many planets and many galaxies before, he should be here soon once he gets the message"

Luz:" I'm glad you have someone to help and I'm sorry I can't do anything for you, but I will scold Aliaan for you"

Maanaa:" It is not necessary, but the Elders will not let this go, he didn't ask for permission and his parents will not accept this, even though we are humans like you in a way, our bodies have evolved to help us through the harsher conditions on Aaraa and we have learned to modify and preserve them for a long time."

Luz * blood rushing to her eyes as she holds back her anger*: " Are you saying that he and I can never work?"

Maanaa: " I'm saying it is very dangerous for the both of you, Humidifiers can't sustain his looks for long, at some point he will rapidly start to age, he will look 45 in the span of days, and might contract illnesses, his wings could crack, his bones could become denser, and so many horrible things, not to mention, he wants to have kids, that in itself is another danger, we don't even know what a spawn of an earthen and an aaraan would look like, it could be an abomination if it works at all and not kill the mother!" 

Luz enters a state of shock, so many things rush through her mind but she lets out a smile, she realizes Aliaan wants a baby with her, that he is serious about her, that he loves her so deeply that he left all of this behind because he wants to start a family with her.

Luz: " Aliaan wants to have children with me? I didn't know he loved me so!"

Luz realizes she sounds like she's siding with Aliaan, so she snaps back and focuses on her mission.

Maanaa: " You-"

Luz *cuts her off*: " And he betrayed you for this, he is so reckless! so selfish! I didn't know he was this kind of person but what do I do now Maanaa? I already have feelings for him"

Maanaa *sighs*: " I was hoping you wouldn't but alas! it is too late now, I hope you heal and find someone better!"

Luz *tuts then fakes a smile*: " I need time to heal, I don't know if I can easily do it, maybe if I keep dating him, I'll see his flaws"

Maanaa has been analyzing Luz the whole time, she knows what she's playing, she noticed her manipulation tactics, and feels pity for her lack of rationality, but she has no time to worry about her, after all, she's an adult, and she should handle the consequences.

Maanaa: " You do as you see fit, it is all up to you!"

Luz * smiles softly*: " Thank you for understanding"

Maanaa goes back to her room after hearing a signal while she was talking to Luz she quickly sits down on the floor forms a cocoon around herself with her wings and conjures up a ball of light that looks like a map of stars in her mind that her wings project onto her hands.

She finds the source of a signal, it's near a star in the Andromeda galaxy, 'many planets have long become inhabitable in it, could it be that there's still life there?' she thinks to herself.

She further investigates the signal, it turns out to be an Aaraan code for help, she can't risk communication from Earth, so she decides to call Xeelai again in hopes of talking to him directly this time, and this time he picks up.

Maanaa* in a hurry*: " I caught a signal from Andromeda, the code is Aaraan, someone might need our help, I couldn't risk communication from here, open your wings, I'm sending you the constellation map!"

Xeelai: " I missed you too!"

Maanaa *serious*: " Xeelai!"

Xeelai: " I'm on it, but I can't do it myself, I sent it to Taoseiks, they will take care of it"

Maanaa: " Thank you so much, I knew I could count on you!"

Xeelai: " Of course, I'm always here for you but is something wrong? you sound sad"

Maanaa *sighs*: " It's a long story, I'll tell you when we meet, Oh and are you co-"

Xeelai *interrupts her playfully*: " I'm on my way, I'll be there in a few earthen minutes"

Maanaa: " Already?!"

Xeelai *pouts*: " Why? shouldn't I? do you need more time to prepare yourself?"

Maanaa: " Hahaha, no, I'm just surprised at how fast you decided to come"

Xeelai: " I brought your stuff, so you can finish your work but we will need to wait before we come back"

Maanaa: " Why did something happen?"

Xeelai: " let's just say, the Elders did not like the idea of 3 of us roaming on Earth, you know they think it's a dangerous place that can change you in many ways!"

Maanaa: " I think they're right about that, you should see how Aliaan has become, he's talking and acting like an earthen already" * hears someone knowing on her window* " Xeelai, wait I think something is knocking on my window"

Xeelai: " I know, haha, let me in!"

Taoseiks: is an intergalactic direction for space travel and help center on Aaraa.