Chapter 15: How It Happened

* The story flashbacks 22 years back to the year Luz's parents left for Utopia*

Edam Hawks, and Reina Hawks,  sit down for tea, the Gils came with one thing in mind, to convince the Hawks to explore a part of their house, the house the Hawks recently inherited from Maxwell Hawks, Edam's great uncle and someone he's never met but only heard incredible stories about, the Gils, however, seemed to know much more about him since he was close friends with Luis's parents

Luis: " As we spoke on the phone, there's a hidden room in your house and it will be a waste should you never explore it. I'm going to be honest with you, I've only so far read about it and heard stories but I grew obsessed about the possibility of such wonders the books and my mother spoke of, I must see for myself so I can leave it behind me, my wife thinks this is unhealthy "

Reina: " And what's in it for us? No offense but we aren't close,  we've only phoned a few times and met for coffee once, I am personally against this but my husband's curiosity got to him"

Edam: " We have nothing to lose sweetness, I have calculated the dimensions of the house and the blueprints also seem to show a gap, so maybe there's something fascinating down there, I'd hate to miss it"

Mariana: " I hope none of us will be disappointed today " * smiles awkwardly *

The two couples go to the end of the hallway where Edam suspected the hidden room to be behind. According to his calculation, there should be stairs leading down to the room, since the basement seems to have a more significant gap.

Reina: " It's shelves with books that I have cleaned for a while, I have moved every book on here and cleaned it thoroughly, so moving books isn't gonna open a secret door"

Luis: " Well then there must be another way!"

Edam: " Maybe it opens from somewhere else?"

Mariana notices a marble stand in the corner and moves towards it, Reina notices.

Reina: "Mariana, I could never move that thing by myself, maybe if we do it together!"

The two women try to move the marble but it seems to be fixed to the ground, so instead, they twist it and hear a cracking noise.

Luis *excited*: " You opened it, you opened the door!"

Edam: " Good Lord! I hope we find something interesting."

The couples go through the door and down the stairs with a torch. as they reach the bottom they notice the marking on the wall that should be a door, but it's just bricked with some illegible scriptures.

Edam: " Do you think this used to be a door? It seems like it's been sealed shut but the placement of the bricks doesn't make sense in the case, they look connected outside of the frame"

The Gils look at each other, they know exactly what the door frame is, they have read about it and heard stories about it, but they couldn't dare tell the Hawks because the story would've sounded crazy and they would've been completely dismissed.

Luis: " Mr. Hawks, Mrs. Hawks, I regret telling you this, but know we had no bad intentions but we did not tell you the whole story for fear of you rejecting it and not allowing us to search for the gate"

The Hawks look at them in confusion, and a little bit of fear starts creeping inside them.

Reina: " What do you mean the whole story? well, you better be telling, go on now!"

Mariana: " Please keep an open mind what we're about to say will sound impossible to you"

Luis: " I'm sure these books here speak of it too, Utopia"