Chapter 21: Stronger Together

Maya teleports to Maanaa's room without a single warning, she finds Maanaa doing some weird magic like light works, Maanaa drops her tools and turns back to find Maya standing in her room.

Maanaa: " How? Did I do something wrong? Did I make your travel here somehow?"

Maya: " Nope but why would you think that? are you making some teleportation device?"

Maanaa: " No, it's for spacetime travel, I made one for each of you, and right now, I am finishing yours!"

Maya: " Interesting! teleportation was my wish"

Maanaa: " Having and being able to replicate a device that can safely make us travel through space was mine"

Maya: " That's so cool, does this mean we can all go to your planet without harming ourselves?"

Maanaa: " Yes, we can visit each other anytime, but Maya, why teleportation, I know it isn't just some nerd fantasy for you, you don't seem like the type to make a big decision without much thought or planning?"

Maya: " It is the best reason I could think of to escape someone with the power and resources to follow me everywhere, having this power to make sure he can never catch me!"

Maanaa: " He?"

Maya: " My stalker!" *chuckles* " It's funny how I'm telling you this so easily, but could never bring it up to my other friends because I knew they will panic and be burdened"

Maanaa: " Aren't friends supposed to support and care for you?"

Maya: " I'm just so used to my problems being brushed aside, and besides, I'm used to solving them on my own."

Maanaa: " That's great and all but that means your friends are using you"

Maya: " I just see it as them thinking I can handle it on my own"

Maanaa: " Did they tell you that? Did you give them the chance to have a reaction?"

Maya: " I don't want to be a burden, I am capable of fixing my problems, so I don't see why I would add something negative to their lives"

Maanaa: " What if we never found Utopia?"

Maya: " I was planning on leaving the country and changing my name and looks"

Maanaa:" I used to be like you in some past life here, and it got me killed, this could've gotten you killed too, we might not have known each other long, but I already care about you and consider you a friend, imagine what your other friends would think and feel when you tell them"

Maya: " Probably relieved, that's how it always goes, at least for minor problems, I don't tell them about big ones"

Maanaa: " Then maybe you need to change your ways and be more open with friends"

Maya: " I always thought our friend group would shatter at some point, Ziri and Thiyya are besties, Luz has always seen me as an older sister figure, It has always been about what I do for them, but I enjoyed their company"

Maanaa: " You and your friends have a lot to learn, and I do too, I don't know what to do with Aliaan, he seems different"

Maya: " Maybe we should call for a meeting and try to figure him out together"

Xeelai knocks on the door as he heard another voice, Maanaa opens and he sees Maya in the back.

Xeelai: " How? did you teleport here or something?"