Chapter 4

"Ok. Is everything ok, sweetie? You're starting to scare me," replies Lilly's mom.

   Lilly replies, "Don't worry, mom. Everything's fine. I just need to tell you about today. It wasn't a good day at all, like I thought it would be."

   Her mom asks, "Oh, sweetie, what happened?"

   Lilly replies, "I-it's a long story, mom. I'll tell you after supper."

   Her mom says, "Ok, sweetheart," then she gives her a hug, and continues, "Let's go eat then." They walk into the dining room and sit down. Lilly sits in between her dad and brother and her mom sits across from her. Lilly's dad blesses the food and they dig in. After supper, Lilly helps her mom with the dishes while her dad and brother watch the Atlanta Braves baseball game.

   After Lilly and her mom finish the dishes, they both go upstairs to Lilly's room, and shut the door so Lilly can talk to her mom. They sit down on Lilly's bed and Lilly begins, "Ok, so first off..." Lilly starts, as she begins with Brittney not picking her up and the blatant lies Brittney tells her about why she couldn't pick her up.

   Her mom exclaims, "Oh that's such bs!" Lilly continues the story, telling her mom how Brittney treated her during lunch and how upset she felt by being spoken to that way by who she thought was her best friend. She tells her what happened in the gym and how Brittney and Lindsey were talking about her in front of everyone and how embarrassed and devastated she felt being talked about like that. Then, Lilly tries to mention Caden and how he stood up for her, but she begins to cry. Her mom is furious with Brittney. She hugs her daughter, comforts her, and says, "Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry you had to go through that, but she is not going to get away with it." Her mom picks up her phone and says, "I'm going to call her mother."

   Lilly pushes her mom's phone down and says, "No, mom. Don't do that. It'll just make things worse."

   Her mom replies, "Fine, sweetie, but you can't let people treat you like that. Don't tell me you're still going to hangout with them after how they treated you."

   Lilly says, "Of course not, mom. I'm leaving them. They are no longer my friends and that's what I'm going to tell them tomorrow."

   Her mom agrees, "That's great, sweetie. Now, I have to ask, who is this Caden you mentioned?"

   Lilly smiles, "Oh mom, you would love him. He's really sweet and nice and caring. He's the new kid. He's a basketball player. He's the one that ran after me when I ran away crying. He comforted me, then he took me to his grandpa's old fishing cabin..." Lilly continues telling her mom all about her day with Caden. When she finishes she says, "Also, I forgot to mention, he told me that he told off Brittney before he came to look for me. He's so sweet, mom."

   Her mom says, "He sure sounds like it, baby. I'm so glad somebody was there for you." She hugs her and asks, "Ok. I know that you usually like to watch the ballgame with your dad, but what do you think about instead, me and you watch a movie together and have a girl's night?"

   Lilly looks up at her mom and smiles, "I would love that, mom."

   Her mom stands up and says, "Ok. Well, you get up and get your pajamas on and meet me in my bedroom."

   Lilly says, "Ok," then her mom leaves the room and Lilly puts on a long pink night gown.

   Once Lilly changes clothes, she walks over to her mom and dad's room. When she enters, she sees her mom sitting on the bed in a long pink night gown just like Lilly's. Laying on the bed, beside her, is a tub of Blue Bell Cookies and Cream ice cream. She sits down on the other side of the bed and her mom hands her a spoon, smiles, and says, "I figured we could have some of our favorite ice cream to go with our movie."

   Lilly smiles, "Yeah, sounds good to me." They laugh and Lilly asks, "So, what movie are we gonna watch?"

   Her mom replies, "Oh, I was going to let you pick."

   Lilly says, "Ok then. Well, I choose...Twilight."

   Her mom says, "Ok, Twilight it is." They turn the movie on and her mom cracks open the tub of ice cream. They clink their spoons together and say, "Cheers!" then dig into the nice, cold, delicious treat as they watch their movie.

   Once the movie is over, Lilly looks at her mom and asks, "So, Twilight New Moon?"

   Her mom laughs, "Oh sweetie, I'd love to but you have school tomorrow. Hang on let me check the time." Lilly crosses her fingers in suspense as her mom picks up her phone. Her mom replies, "Ok, we have time for one more."

   "Yes!" shouts Lilly, then her mom turns on Twilight New Moon. After the movie, Lilly and her mom clean off the bed, take their dishes to the sink, wash them, and get ready for bed. Once the dishes have been washed and put away and Lilly has brushed her teeth, she hugs her parents and brother and tells them good night. Then, she heads upstairs to her room and hops in bed. She turns her TV on and turns on the 80's music channel. She turns the volume down, lies down, and says her night prayer. Once she finishes praying, she lies in bed wide awake thinking, "What in the world is going to happen tomorrow!?" Her thoughts about the next day keep her wide awake until finally an hour later she drifts off to sleep.

Authors note: Ok, so I tried with this chapter. It wasn't really easy like the others have been, but I tried. So, I hope y'all enjoyed it. If y'all did, please comment and vote and tell me what y'all think so far. Is there anything y'all would like to see in the next chapter or future chapters? Let me know. I would be glad to add some ideas y'all have. So, any ideas? Anyway love y'all! Have a great day or night!