Chapter 6

After school, Caden and Lilly walk to the old schoolyard. As they walk up they see Brittney and Lindsey alongside Caleb. Caleb hisses, "What, you had to bring your girlfriend to protect you?"

Caden shouts back, "No! She's not here to protect me. She's here to restrain me from sending you to the hospital!"

Caleb hisses, "Oh no, you're the one going to the hospital. That is, if I can restrain myself from sending you to the morgue."

Caden shouts, "Alright, whatever! Enough talk! Let's get this fight over with already!"

Caleb remarks, "Ok. Oh and just to give you at least a tiny advantage in this fight, I'll let you throw the first punch. However, you better make it count because that's all you're going to get."

Caden nods his head, "Alright, but I don't need a stupid advantage. I'm going to kick your ass anyway!" Caden stomps up to Caleb. Wham! Caden punches Caleb right on his jaw, making him stumble back a little.

Caleb remarks, "Oh, you're going to have to do better than that," and runs at Caden, tackling him to the ground. Caleb slams his fist into Caden's jaw. Wham! Caleb just starts whaling on Caden. Bam! Bam! Bam!

Lilly starts flipping out, "Caleb, that's enough! He's had enough! Get off him! You're going to kill him! Brittney, please! Make him stop!"

Brittney scoffs, "After the way he spoke to me, Hell no! He's getting exactly what he deserves!"

A couple seconds later, Lilly can't take anymore. Lilly runs right up to Caleb and pulls at his shirt, "Caleb, stop! Please! He's had enough get off of him!" Caleb ignores Lilly and shoves her away, knocking her to the ground. She hits her head hard on the concrete, knocking her unconscious. Caden noticed that and all of a sudden it was like something had been awakened inside of him. He went crazy. He all of a sudden got on top of Caleb and just started whaling on him.

After a couple of minutes Caden gets off of Caleb. Caleb stands up and unbeknownst to him, his nose is broken and he has blood all over his face. Caden looks at him dead in the eyes and says, "If you ever and I mean ever shove Lilly again, or lay a hand on her, or try to harm her in any way, I will kill you. Do you understand me?"

Caleb mutters, "Yes." Then, him, Brittney, and Lindsey walk off.

Once Caleb, Brittney, and Lindsey walk away, Caden rushes over to Lilly who is still unconscious on the ground. Caden kneels down beside her and gently shakes her arm while continuously calling her name. "Lilly! Lilly! Lilly, wake up! Please! Lilly!"

Lilly slowly wakes up. She hears a muffled voice calling her name. She slowly blinks her eyes open. She mumbles, "Caden?" 

Caden jumps, "Lilly! Yes, it's me, Caden."

Lilly slowly sits up and looks at Caden, "Oh my God, Caden! You look awful! Are you ok?!"

Caden replies, "Never mind me, Lilly. Are you ok?"

Lilly places her hand on her head, "I-I-I think so. Although, I don't really remember what happened."

Caden asks, "Well, what do you remember?"

Lilly explains, "Well, I remember we walked up and you and Caleb were exchanging words. Then I remember you punched Caleb in the jaw then he tackled you and wouldn't get off of you even though I was steadily begging him to. He wouldn't so I walked up to him and tried to pull him off, but that's it. I can't remember what happened after that. Did I fall or something?"

Caden explains, "No. Caleb shoved you away and knocked you to the ground. You hit your head on the concrete and went unconscious."

Lilly exclaims, "Oh my gosh! Well,... who won the fight?"