You heal her broken heart and I heal yours, but then...you broke mine Ch 1

Tavia's POV

"Tav, you going to Jake's again?" my brother, Paul asked me.

"Yeah, Jake just called. I will be back before dinner." I answered as I rush out the door.

"Yeah, make sure poor little Jakey doesn't cry his heart again." Paul smirked.

"Shut up, Paul!" I yelled. Jake has been in a VERY deep depression even since that vampire lover, Bella, used him as a toy to make herself feel better. How can she be so selfish?

I tried to be there for Jake as often as I can, even if it's at two-thirty in the morning....

"Tav! Jake is on the phone..." Paul, who came back from his morning patrol, said as he tried to wake me up.

"Huh? What time is it? Jake? On the phone? What?" I muttered.

"Yeah, Jake wants to talk to you... Um, at two-thirty. ." Paul handed me the phone and headed back to his room.

"Jake? What's wrong?" I mumbled in sleepiness.

"Tav, I can't! I can't stop thinking about... her... I tried....I tried to stop it, Tav! Can you please come over now?" Jacob rushed through, not even giving me a chance to tell him what I think. "I know it's two thirty in the morning, but....But I need you, Tav... Only you can make me feel better...Tav. Please come"

"Sure, Jake. I will be here in 5..." I sighed as I hung up...

"Jake!" I called out once I reached the Black's doorsteps. "Jake? I am here. Jake, where are you?"

"Tav... I am in the garage." Jake said quietly, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Jake?" I said, I was surprise to see Jake in the garage. Ever since Bella left, Jake had never been to the places that they have been.

"Yeah?" Jake lifted his head up.

"Are you okay? " I asked

"Me? I am fine...." Jake mumbled.

"Right...." I said as I sat down, Jake looks as if he wants to tell me something...

"Tav?" Jake asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Let's go to the beach..."

I was shocked; Jacob has never went back to the beach after... THAT, not even when the pack goes cliff diving.

"Um... Really, Jacob?" I said.

"Yes."

"Ok...Sure. Let's go." I got up and Jacob followed me quietly.

Jacob was silent the whole time we walked to the beach.

That's fine by me. I had gotten used to the silence after many experiments with Jacob.

Once we reached the beach, Jacob looked up with the familiar sadness in his eyes. I was about to suggest to head back home, but then Jake started to talk.

"Tav... I want to say thank you, thank you for being with me these past months... I've been thinking, maybe I should... just...get over this depression..." Jake murmured.

I turned to look at him in the eyes, "Really? Jake, you really think you can?"

"I'm not too sure but yeah.... I think I can...with your help?" Jake asked softly.

"Jake! Of course I will help!" I said, after all I've been through this with you for a few months...

I gave Jacob a long hug, inhaling his scents. It would be great to have the old Jake back...

"First one to the house?" Jake asked with a mischievous smile.

Oh, how I miss that smile...

"Sure, Mr Black..."

Racing Jacob wasn't exactly fair, because with his werewolf speed, it was almost impossible for a little human, like me to beat him.

I would love to be a werewolf.

"Sam?" I asked, one day at his house.

"Yeah, Tav?"

"You know how Paul is a wolf, and I am related to him... Do you think...by any chance ....that I might be one?" I questioned.

Sam looked up and sighed.

"Tav. Being a shape shifter, it's harder than it seems. It's not for fun that we appeared out of nowhere. We are the protectors of La Push. We have responsibility for every single life that lives here."

I was silent. Of course I know that we held great responsibility.

It's just that every time I see Paul and the pack left... I wish I could leave with them. Every single person I love is there, Paul, Jacob, Seth, Leah... I can't bear to lose anyone of them.

"But," Sam continued, my head rise up at that. "You are right. There is a possible chance that you could carry the werewolf gene."

"Really?" I smiled, "Thanks Sam, I really hope I do."

With that, I left Sam by himself and I am pretty sure I heard a soft reply, "I do too."

"Come on, you snail!" Jacob yelled at me from miles away.

"Shut up, Jacob." I shouted, "This isn't fair and you know it!"

I ran to him as fast as I could but then I must've tripped over a stick on the ground, because next thing I know I was on the dirt.

"Ouch." I said under my breath.

However, Jacob being a wolf has his super wolf hearing and heard me a long way away.

"Tav? You okay?" He jogged over to me in.

I look up and saw the worry look he wore on his face.

"I am fine, Jake." I replied, "Just a little accident with the stick on the ground."

I tried to stand back up, but fail.

Luckily Jacob was there; he caught me and said "A little accident? You can't even stand up by yourself. Damn it. I bet you sprain your ankle. Here, let me carry you back to the house."

"Jake. I am pretty sure I can walk, if you will just let me!" I said as I struggle to get out of his strong grip.

"NO! Tavia Anderson Lahote, you have sprained your ankle. So, you better let me carry you, NOW." Jake said as he lifted me up with ease.

"Fine. Fine. Do what you like. It's not like I could escape from the big fat wolf, anyway." I said.

"I am not fat!" Jake whined. "It's called MUSCLES, you are just jealous because you don't have any!"

I snorted, "As if I would get jealous over your MUSCLES."

"You know you love it, so be quite now." He said, staring at me.

I laughed.

"You know, I would be in so much trouble when Paul found out..." Jake said.

"Don't worry,Black. It's not your fault." I said, "I will blame it on the stick!"