You heal her broken heart and I heal yours, but then...you broke mine Ch 3

Tav's POV

After Paul and Jared fill themselves up with food, they decided that they have nothing better to do,then to annoy us.

“TAV!” Paul shouted.

“WHAT?” I yelled back.

“Wha- whoa, what happened to your ankle?” Paul said as he tried to hold back his laughter.

“Shut it, Paul.” I shot back, “Glad that you finally noticed your sister’s swollen ankle!”

“Now, what did you do to get that?” Jared asked.

“She tripped over a stick.” Jake replied.

“Wait... You were with her?” Paul growled. “Thought you could’ve taken better care of her.”

All of a sudden, Paul started to shake...again. What is it with my brother? He always has something against Jake... Yet, he imprinted on Jake’s sister.

Life is complicated sometimes... I sighed. I knew I have to get out before a giant wolf appeared but with a swollen ankle like mine, you can’t go far.

I groaned softly.

Seth, who was sitting next to me, heard my soft groan, picked me up and brought me outside.

A safe distance from the drama inside.

“Thanks, Seth.” I said as I lay on the grass.

“No Problem.” Seth said and he lay beside me.

I love spending time with Seth; he is one of those friends who you could spend the whole afternoon with and not say much. Yet, when you want to talk, he is always willing to listen.

Sometime after, Jake came and lay on the other side of me.

“Tav-“He started.

“No, Jacob. Don’t listen to Paul. It wasn’t your fault. Don’t blame yourself. It was the stick’s fault.”I said, matter of factly.

“But-“Jake said.
“Jake, bring me back inside. I am too tired.” I commanded.

Jake sighed.

“Please?”

“Okay, okay.”

“Thanks Jake. Seth, You coming in?” I asked.

“Nah, I think I’ll justlay for awhile.” Seth replied.

I looked at him worriedly.

“Okay.” I answered and let Jake carried me inside.

“Jake?” I whispered, “Is Paul still in there?’

Jake looked at me. “No, he went to meet with Rachel.”

“Oh.”

I hate to say this, but sometimes I feel jealous that Paul spent more time with Rachel than his own sister. Usually, Paul would either be at Sam’s, on patrol or at the Black’s with Rachel. The only times I get to talk to him are when he came back from patrol (in the middle of the night), or when I am at Sam’s house.

Just another reason to add to my “WHY I WANT TO BE A WEREWOLF” list.

Later that night, Jake brought me back to my house.

“Thanks Jake.... again.” I said as he placed me on my bed.

I yawned.
Jake gave me a small smile.

“No, Tavia. I am the one that should say thankyou. Thank you for beinghere when I need you the most.” Jake said.
I blinked and look at him.

“That’s okay, Jake. That’s what friends are for.” I responded. “And, now... that I sprained my ankle and I couldn’t walk. Do you think YOU, asmy friend can help poor little Tav here?”

“Sure, Tav. Anything for you.” Jake said with a smile.

“Good boy, Jakey!I want to go to the beach tomorrow. Think you can help?” I asked.

“Of Course.” Jake answered. “Goodnight, Tav.”

“Goodnight Jake.” Then, I fell into a deep sleep.

At 10 in the morning, I heard a knock at the door and it took me a total of 5 minutes to hop my way to the door.

Must be Jake. I thought as I opened the door.

And , there stood Jake, waiting patiently.

“Morning, Tav. Hope I didn’t wake you up.” Jake greeted me with a lovely smile.

“Of course not, Jake.” I said.

Humm...He IS back to his old self.

I gave him a smile.

“Alright, you ready to go?”

“Sure!” I said. “But.... how are we going to get there?”

Obviously we can’t walk there and he didn’t bring his car with him...

“Well...How about a piggyback?” he asked.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Why not?”

“Okay.”

I rest my head on Jake’s shoulder as he piggybacked me to the Beach.

Jake is so warm...I feel so safe whenever I am with Jake, like he would be there for me and protect me from any harm, anytime, anywhere.

He turned his head to look at me.

“How’s your ankle?” He asked.

His voice sounds like an angel, so soft and gentle...

I lifted my head up.

He looked so handsome, why haven’t I noticed that before?

“It’s better.” I muttered as I study his features on his beautiful face.

I tighten my arm around his neck and inhaling his scent.

“Tav? You okay?” Jake asked worriedly.

“What?” I snapped out of my daze.

“I said Are you okay?”

“I really don’t know.” I said under my breath.
"Tav?"

Why am I thinking about Jacob like that? I am supposed to be his best friend, right? I am only his best friend, nothing more... Beside he told me that he loves Bella and would never forget her.So, why am I still thinking about him like that?

Wake up, Tav! ONLY FRIENDS! ONLY FRIENDS!

“Tav, you don’t know if you are okay?” Jake asked again.

“Huh? No, I am fine.” I lied.

“Right... We are here.”