You heal her broken heart and I heal yours, but then...you broke mine Ch 14

Edward's POV

As Quil filled us with the news, Bella was there, listening in. She was shaking a little and I put my arm around her reassuringly. I looked at Jasper and he gave me a brief nod.

Slowly, Bella calmed down and sat quietly afterwards, but I could still sense her discomfort about putting the pack and us in danger. I gave her a small squeeze and she turned around to look at me with her big brown eyes.

Edward.

I instantly looked over to my family and saw that it was Alice who called me. I gave her a questioning look.

Don't worry about Bella. Jasper helped calm her down. She will be alright with Esme.

I sighed and gave her a small nod.

And so it was arranged that Jasper, Emmett, Carlisle, Rosalie, Alice and I will go finish the newborns. And, of course with the pack's help.

I found myself wondering about that new wolf...Tav and how her imprint romance with the Jacob mutt is going. Bella broke my thoughts as she turned to me and gave me a kiss. It was warm, and I could feel the blood pumping through her. I shook myself mentally and as usual, struggled to hold myself as I returned the kiss. I broke the kiss and Bella fell in my arms.

"Edward-Be careful. Don't hurt yourself...You know I can't live without you. Please...Take care of yourself. I can't bear to lose anyone for me. It's terrible, please please please Edward...." Bella said in between sobs and then she gave up holding the tears in and her tears came flooding in.

I gave her a kiss on her forehead and gave her hand a small squeeze.

"I will be okay...I promise." I said, except at times like that...it's hard to keep promises. So I gave her another passionate but controlled kiss and then I left her with Esme.

Bella's POV

I couldn't let Edward's hand go so I clung to it as hard as I could. But, Edward just turned around and gave a small kiss and pulled my hands away gently with ease.

I frowned.

"I will be okay...I promise." Was all he said before he left.

Somehow, he doesn't sound so convincing to me and I broke down as soon as their car left the drive way.

Tears were running down my faces and Esme came over to give me a comforting hug.

How could I be so stupid? If I wasn't a human then Victoria can't hurt me at all...I am putting everyone in danger. Edward, Alice, Emmett and...Jacob. The wolf pack and even...that girl who I don't know...Tavia. She have to put her life in risk for me...a girl that she doesn't know at all.....

A pang of jealousy hit me as I gave thoughts to this girl.

At lease Jacob found his imprint.

But, if one of them lost their...if anyone there lost their life...their loved ones or imprint is going to be heartbroken.

And it will be all because of me....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tav's POV

I whined in pain as another strike hit me on my right shoulder.

Damn their newborn power.

I made sure I got a strong grip on the newborn's arm as I bit and tear it out and chuck it on the floor carelessly. I shifted my weight a little, checking if my foot was really NOT broken before I joined Leah's fight with the  three newborns surrounding her.

Jake's POV

I growled as I ripped another vampire apart. I finished her as fast as I could and turned to see Leah and Tav being surrounded by ten or so newborns.

Whoa, what did you do to attract them?

Seeing Leah like that almost made me smug, but a reminder that Tav is right next to her??

Not good.

I leaped in the air and managed to jump on one of them and I saw Tav also ripping one apart . I didn't have time to see how Leah is doing, since another newborn just jumped on top of me.

Tav's POV

As I took another vampire down, I managed to catch a breath and steady my foot and my mind before more opponents came crowding around me.

Uhhh....One not proper trained wolf onto 5 newborns? Not fair!

But, I guess they aren't trained either...

I might be good on one vampire, but on five? I really don't think I will make it back alive... 

One of them took action and sprint at me in full speed, knocking me into a hard tree trunk.

ARGH!!! I hate you, vampires!!

I growled loudly as I tried my best to snap at everything in front of me, then I saw a patch of russet brown fur stood before me as I faded into darkness.

Thanks for reading. Please vote, just one little click. :) Please...