Chapter 3

Yn exited her cabin, greeted her assistant goodbye, and left the office. Sarah, Yn's assistant, locked the office as Yn drove back home, as it was her custom. Sarah was always the last to leave and the last to arrive. Yn doesn't like to be late so she comes in early. She has been working in this field for a long time. Despite all the hurdles that came towards her, she never gave up on her dream career. She had always wished to perform counseling on her own.

Sarah joined her after two years in the industry, as client appointments were stacking up and Yn was finding it difficult to keep up. Sarah was a bit older than Yn and had been always like a big sister to her. She had been with her in the worsts and the bests. Yn found Sarah as her guiding light whenever she was in any kind of problem.

She pulled up in front of her porch and got out of her car, it was half-past eight o'clock. She entered her residence after retrieving her keys from her little handbag. It wasn't enormous, yet it was everything she'd ever wanted. A small cozy place she can proudly call 'home'. She saunters up to her couch and sinks into it. Her tiredness made it hard to keep her eyes open. She shuts her eyes and lets out a sigh as she recalls the happenings of that particular day.

A text jolted her from her ruminations. 'Who could be at this time?' she wondered. Ava, one of her closest pals, texted her to schedule a meet-up the next day. 'I'm busy tomorrow, why what's up?' Yn grumbles as she types. She was surprised when the text was replied to by an incoming call.

She sighed and picked up. "Hello?" she muttered. " Yooo! Now you are even lying to me? How can you be busy on a Sunday man?" came a high-pitched voice from the other side."Girl, I'm simply lazy," Yn retorts. "Let me be a couch potato for a day." Ava huffs, " you need to sort out your priority missy". " you gonna choose laziness over your pretty friends plus Luna is also coming and she has a lot to talk to" she whines in a babyish voice. " Quit yelling like that. Yea ok fine. When and where?" says Yn as she smiles at her defeat. "I will text you that tomorrow, and, you dare not ditch us." her voice dropped an octave low at the last line. "I shall not," Yn said, her grin widening. "Promise." She hung up after saying her goodbyes.

Yn remembered to put her phone to charge and lock her doors before she walks to her bathroom as she sighs. She never wins against her friends, nor does she ever wants to. Her friends give her comfort and the confidence to reclaim her identity. Every month, they plan at least one get-together to unwind from the month's tension and have a good time. They have always been her serotonin boost and had helped her through a very tough time. Yn exited her bathroom in her comfortable pajamas and sloped down on her bed. She's knocked out in a matter of minutes, all of the day's looming exhaustion striking her hard.