Chapter 10

The two uniformed guys arrived while Yn was seated at her desk, totally engrossed on her computer. As she stood up, she peered up through her reading glasses. "Please have a seat officers," she said as she walked up to the couch in front as the two men sat facing her.

"Could I get you a glass of water or.." Officer V's head shook 'No,' and he said, "We are quite fine as it is," which caused her to halt. "Getting right to the point. Do you recall Simon Turner, Miss Yn?"

The lack of astonishment in Yn's eyes suggested that she anticipated that question. "Yes, officer, he represented me in court five years ago. What about him?"

"Miss we regret to inform you but he was murdered a couple of days ago." Even after hearing that Yn didn't show any emotions, perhaps that came off a little too suspicious for Jungkook. "You don't look too surprised miss Yn, did you already know about this?" Jungkook queried, apparently catching her kneading her hands together and glancing away.

The two guys in front were not unaware of Yn's subtle swallow before she looked directly back at him. "If I recall properly, he was a criminal defense attorney. Don't these lawyers walk with their life on their palms? I mean, their job is quite dangerous if you ask me." She appeared to be nervous about something as she glanced to her side.

"Miss Yn, after Carl Burke's release on September 18, 2022, have you been in touch with him? We suspect he may be involved in this." Her head jerked back at that moment as they peered at her with suspicion. Her eyes were visibly shaking and her legs bobbed up and down before she straightened up and kept her both palms on her knees stopping the action. She took a final gulp before responding, "He was released? I wasn't really informed about it."

"Miss Yn, you can tell us if something is bothering you-" officer V struck at her spotting the building tension in the room. She answered, almost hurriedly, peering into his eyes, "Everything is perfectly fine officer, if I got to know something I would instantly alert you."

After standing up, Jungkook said, "I believe we achieved what we sought. We should get going." V was taken aback at Jungkook's words before following him and standing up. With a hint of promise, officer V retorted, "We would get in touch with you if something was needed."

Yn got up replying, "yea definitely officer." she extended her hand in the hope to shake hands, "It was a pleasure meeting you Mr..?" Jungkook accepted it giving it a small shake, "Jungkook." The handshake was a little longer than usual. Yn looked at him before returning her gaze to their hands all the while Jungkook's eyes fixed on her. Officer V noticed this before he extended his hand, "it was a pleasure meeting you too, Miss Yn." They both snapped back when they heard him before Yn shook officer V's hand.

Both men exited the building and returned to their car. As soon as they were seated V could not help but ask, "Why did we leave so abruptly? You even told her your real name instead of your official one. I mean she was already acting suspiciously. I believe she is connected with the murder case."

"And I am not disagreeing, she IS connected." V looked at him with a confused look before looking at a paper in his hands. "What is that?" he said trying to take a peek. "A message from Miss Yn," he said before showing the paper to him.

"The room is bugged, please help," boldly written with a pen.