Chapter 9

The camera was active at the time. The house was broken into and was used to spy on Simon. The home was broken into and utilized as a spying activity on Simon. The flat's owner was alerted right away, although his innocence has not yet been established. No one can remain disengaged in a murder investigation this complicated.

Jungkook sighed as he sat in his chair. The IT team is currently looking into the spy camera that was discovered in front of Simon's flat. Before Jungkook entered, Taehyung was able to put together the paperwork and keep it on the desk.

He said, opening it, "That child has ambition." Simon has 12 years of experience practicing criminal law. Despite being divorced, he was responsible for paying a portion of his daughter's college expenses. Simon's ex-wife reported him missing when he didn't answer her calls on September 18, 2022. She claims that despite having been divorced for 16 years, "he never misses her calls."

He flipped the page to see the cases he worked on throughout those 12 years. Homicide, assault, and other violent crimes. His success percentage was 93%. In his whole life, he only lost 9 cases, 7 of which occurred over those 12 years. In his law firm, he was known as the "Ace."

Jungkook's interest was drawn to a specific case. He filed a restraining order against Carl Burke on July 21 on behalf of Miss Yn Johnson. Later, on August 16, Miss Yn filed a complaint for trespassing and assault. On September 17, 2022, the jury announced its decision. Simon's arm was discovered to bear that precise date. According to the verdict, Carl would serve five years in prison and pay Miss Yn a $1,000 fine.

That was just what was required. Jungkook got to his feet and headed towards the information division. Carl Burke's status was checked. But to his dismay, it turned out that Carl had been freed on September 18, 2022. This proves that he is not the one who killed Simon.

His eyes were fixed on the reports as he strolled through the hallways. He looked at the reports again, "But then who?" he inquired. If you keep walking like that, you'll run into things. Jungkook looked up to see Chief Rm standing a few meters away with his hands on his waist, looking serious. He entered Jungkook's cabin and said, "Let's chat in the cabin." When Jungkook entered, he had already moved to a position by the window.

He sat on one of the seats and said, "You have been pulling all night yesterday and you are still in the station at 7:30 pm today!" "Hyung, this situation requires urgent care." That doesn't mean you should neglect to get enough rest and food." At that point, Jungkook realized that Namjoon had turned into a full dad at that moment and would not calm down until Jungkook obeyed.

We should have supper and call it a day. His tone forbade any room for discussion, "We can talk about the matter over dinner." Despite Jungkook's focus being on the matter, they both departed the station.

They placed their dinner order at a steakhouse. Namjoon questioned, "So tell me about this case," knowing exactly what Jungkook was contemplating. Both guys talked about the case and what was still needed to complete the puzzle while they dined.

"Jungkook, hear me out on this. Tomorrow, meet this Yn. She probably has the answers to your queries. If the information in the file is accurate, she might know what to do next." Jungkook gave a nod of agreement. He gulped down his glass of water, "I will ask Officer V to forward her whereabouts tomorrow," he replied.

"Yeah right now, you need to sleep," was the reply as the two young guys called it a day and headed back to their homes.

Officer V went with detective Justin to meet Yn the next morning. They presumptively believed that Yn must be at her clinic, which was listed in her personal information as her place of employment. Her office was on the ground floor, next to an auditorium. They walked and went straight to the front desk.

"How can I assist you?" Seeing two guys in uniform, a woman in her mid-20s who appeared a bit relaxed at the site of them, questioned. "Detective Justin from the LAPD." As he flashed his ID, Jungkook said, "We are here to meet Miss Yn Johnson, who I assume is here."

She called her landline and appeared to tell someone about the two men's unexpected appearance as she added, "Just a minute." Before asking, she gave those men one more glance. "May I know the cause for the visit?" she inquired. Jungkook interrupted Taehyung before he could respond, saying, "It's preferable if we speak with Miss Yn directly." She looked at him again and whispered something over the line before keeping the phone down.

She pointed in the direction of the door and added, "She is in the room on the left. Jungkook responded, "Thank you," before turning to the door and approaching it.