Chapter 5

Yn passed the kid's park, which was the landmark of the location Ava had provided, at half past 12. It was a gorgeous Sunday morning, though a little chilly. They had a meeting at 12:30 itself, and she was again late. Ava had already messaged her twice, asking about her whereabouts.

Yn drove up alongside a little cottage café " Love you Latte" it spelled. She grins as she reads the name and speculates on how Ava would have selected it since it seemed 'aesthetically attractive.' There was a flower store just next to the cafe. Yn's senses were overpowered by the blooming aroma. She was tempted to pick up some flowers on her way back as there were so many lovely ones. She remembered to swing by later on.

In contrast, Yn was a little nervous as well as excited. It has been days since she met her friends. She parked her car and finally decided to walk inside. The mahogany door made a bell chime alerting others of her presence. The decor was warm and welcoming, making her feel at ease. Her senses were overwhelmed with the aroma of freshly made coffee. A quiet piece of music is playing from the speaker across the room. It wasn't long before she noticed her buddies sitting at the table next to the window.

"Guess who finally decided to show up?" Luna sneered as Yn sat down.

"Hey guys, how's it going?"

"Nothing much, same old talking and explaining to the clients why their so-called 'modern design' might be harmful and how it can be lovely without being life-threatening," Luna sarcastically answered, rolling her eyes.

"You're late again, you know that." Ava deadpanned as she locked her gaze on Yn.

"That's called being fashionably late, you won't understand," Yn taunted.

Ava rolled her eyes, " am I the target again?"

"You will always be the target, so get over it," Luna teased as they all burst out laughing.

"How are you doing?" Yn questioned as they browsed the menu.

"Well, children are causing me distress, that's all." Ava sighed.

"But you wanted to be the school counselor," Luna said as she closed the menu.

"If I'd realized what I was getting myself into, I would never have done it," Ava answered.

"But you liked working with children, at least that's what you told us," Yn turned to face her as she finally decided on what to eat.

"I did, in fact, I do. However, unless it is brought up, we don't realize how much a pupil is struggling," Ava responded.

"Don't worry; you are still attempting to assist them, and remember how our mental health was during our school days, at least schools are prioritizing it more now," Luna said after they placed their orders.

Yn agreed with her.

"Yes, that is unquestionably true. It was a frantic period. But we did have some good times as well."

"We did, those days are so valuable to us today," Yn reflected

"Tell us about you now, you had been MIA for quite some time now." Luna pointed it to Yn as she sat back in her chair.

" Same old. Just a bit busy nowadays. Patients have started arriving daily. And I most certainly don't get enough me time," Yn mutters.

"We've been in this from the day we selected psychology as our professional bestie," Ava admits, half-laughing.

" and I couldn't agree more," Yn laughed.

" at least you guys know what to anticipate, in my work, people surprise me every moment," Luna says faining tired. Her small performance made them all chuckle.

Over a cup of coffee and some pastries, the three enjoyed their brief get-together. Yn was finally able to enjoy this meeting and unwind from the previous week's stress. It wasn't much, but small talk and laughing often help people forget about their worries and stress.

Yn laughed all that afternoon, completely oblivious of the ominous clouds that would soon cast a shade over her.