Chapter 11

Yn sat there quivering with horror, unable even to avert her gaze. The message from the person she had tried hard to forget about was still flashing on her screen. Her years of counseling were suddenly rendered completely useless. She became aware of how profoundly Carl had impacted her and how she had acted as though she had moved over it. She was telling lies to everyone around her and herself.

Her ears began to ring as the days' eerie recollections began to return. How it all began with him being jealous if her clients were guys and weeks later threatening if she ever spoke to one of them. It all started when she stood up for herself one day. For being "disrespectful" and "stubborn," he slapped her. He referred to it as a consequence for misbehaving and freely acknowledged that he would do it again. After that happened, Yn was too frightened to continue. She was unable to process the shock and anguish for days, making it impossible for her to communicate with anybody. She had lost her freedom the moment she started that affair, and she felt like a puppet in someone else's hands.

A few months later, when she tried to leave him, Carl swung a knife at her and threatened to kill her with his own hands if she did. That evening, she fled and met Simon by chance. She was frantically pleading with an officer as he was just leaving the police station when he noticed her. Simon saw Yn as his daughter and was immediately ready to help him. He provided her with a place of shelter before going to court and getting a restraining order.

Everything went smoothly up until a month later when she returned home to find Carl waiting for her in the living room. When Yn declined his offer to return and told him to leave, he grew enraged and kicked and yelled at her while knocking her to the ground.

The incident left scars on many people's lives. She is still grateful to Luna, who was planning to visit her and then ended up contacting the police when she overheard Yn sobbing and someone cursing. For a few days, Ava insisted that she remain with her since she didn't want to abandon her alone while she was in such a situation. Additionally, Yn was also afraid of being by herself. She cherishes her friendship with them so highly precisely because of this. They aided her sacrificially and supported her through the most trying of circumstances. Carl was detained by Simon, but it didn't last long because there wasn't enough proof, so now he is free.

As she sobbed uncontrollably while recalling everything, she shielded her ears. Everything, from thoughts to anguish. Sarah heard cries coming from Yn's room as she entered the clinic. She exclaimed "Yn!" before entering the space and saw Yn sobbing on her chair.

"What happened? She gently questioned, gently removing Yn's hands, "Why are you crying?". She gasped out, "He is back," with quivering lips and weeping eyes. "Carl is back." Sarah was aware of Carl and was aware of just how harmful he was. "Have you met him? She inquired, "Was he here?" Sarah followed Yn's slow pointing up to her screen. She read all that was written in the mail and gasped when she read about Simon.

"You must let the cops know. Carl will be in for longer this time because this is a confession letter," she remarked while attempting to seem positive. Before she could speak, Yn's phone buzzed. 'Snitches end up in ditches, sweetie pie,' the message said as she peeked at it.

Upon reading it, Yn's breathed more deeply. As Sarah studied the area for any suspicious characters, she turned to face her. "He heard us," Sarah, he is here. You must escape before he notices you. As she struggled to shove Sarah away, Yn desperately said, "He would murder you too." "Yn, stop it!" The final phrase was whispered close to her ears: "He is not here, but this room is bugged." Yn scanned the area before turning to face Sarah. Before standing up, Yn stated, "We should go right away." Again, Yn's phone buzzed. "Don't leave, sweetie," said a fresh message. "I'll catch you this time before you get to anyone. And most likely the final time. Since you won't be around to call for aid the next time."

"You should probably go and never speak about this," Yn said after turning to face Sarah. Yn gave Sarah a little shove before reclining on her chair. "I'm not abandoning you here just so that some lunatic may kill you. You heard me correctly, jerkface. I'm referring to you." Looking around the space, Sarah shouted. "You must be resilient; you cannot give up. If I can be of any assistance, let me know." She held up her shoulders and exclaimed, "Anything at all."

With a blank expression on her face, she replied, "Sarah, I want you to cancel all the appointments and recommend they see a better psychotherapist." "I'm not going to do that," Sarah responded by folding her arms in front. Yn groaned and clasped her forehead in her hand. "Would you kindly allow me a moment? A lot of things are happening at the same time." Yn intervened with "please Sarah" just as Sarah was ready to respond negatively, and she left the cabin silently...

Sarah sighed and sat down before gazing towards the door to see two uniformed guys enter. Her eyes sparkled as she held onto a sliver of hope. She crossed her fingers beneath the desk and asked, "How can I assist you?" "Detective Justin from the LAPD." He flashed his Id as he spoke. "We are here to meet Miss Yn Johnson, who I assume is here."