Chapter 4

Jungkook came to some conclusions after meeting with the IT team. The guy was, in fact, the same, a man dressed in a red sweatshirt who stood around 5.8 feet tall. There is small speculation as well that the person is a resident of the same neighborhood.

He had recently been seen in a supermarket buying a carton of cigarettes and 2 bottles of beer. 'Seems like a delinquent to me,' wondered Jungkook. "A case of a delinquent?" inquires officer Hope, peeping at the reports in Jungkook's hand."It looks to be that way," Jungkook murmured, his gaze fixed on the documents in front of him. "It's always a hassle for this sort of scenario, buddy," Hope answered. "Come to me if you need any help with anything." Jungkook retorts, "Yes bro, I will surely," and smiles as he finally meets his gaze with the older.

Jungkook walked back to his cabin as both young men parted ways. He still has some time left for his shift to end.

As he sat down, Jungkook reasoned, "Well, a felony like this may be remedied with a criminal fine." He chose to see this criminal first thing tomorrow. He picked up the receiver and dialed Chief Rm's number.

"Hello?" said a stern voice.

"This is Jungkook, Hyung." The break-in has been resolved. A delinquent."

It was followed by a brief pause and a deep sigh. "Are you still working on the case?"

" Yes, I did say that I wouldn't give up on this case."

"It's no surprise that the juniors and interns look up to you. Anyway, congratulations, and I want to meet you when you return tomorrow," he replied solemnly, emphasizing the last sentence.

Officer Justin confronted the miscreant the next day and demanded that he either pay a $900 fine for breaking into four homes in less than a week or serve three months in the county jail. His parents were quickly prepared to pay the sum because they believed that his imprisonment would "damage the honor of the family."

Chief Rm greeted Justin and the rest of the cops as they entered the department.

"Congratulations on yet another accomplishment Officer Justin." He said as the others saluted him.

" Thank you chief."

"Let's talk in my cabin, shall we?"

"Yes, chief," he said following him through the corridor.

Both the men entered the room and took their respective seats.

"Everything okay hyung?''

"So Captain Justin or should I say.... Detective Jeon Jungkook?" With a grin, he said.

" What?" Jungkook asked, baffled.

"Your promotion just got finalized by the department head."

The look of surprise and astonishment on Jungkook's face was unmistakable.

"A month ago, I spoke with dad and sent him all the information about your cases, and everything was settled today. Congratulations!"

Realization struck Jungkook as he jumped off his seat and hugged him.

" Thank you, Hyung!"

"You deserved it, you have been working your ass off for the past 7 years. Let's celebrate, come on," he said hugging him back.

Years ago, the two began their adventure together, and ever since then, they have had a close brotherly connection. Namjoon and Jungkook had been partners for 6 years before Namjoon was promoted to chief. Namjoon's father was and is a department head who was able to pull some strings for his son to be in the position he is now. Jungkook persuaded him to use the chance to go to the top, even though Joon didn't want to at the time. Namjoon was well aware of Jungkook's desire to become a detective and, needless to say, he was a deserving candidate as well.

He finally earned it today and he couldn't be happier.