Chapter 14

It was nearly nightfall, and it was time to go. Yn denied accepting any patients on that particular day. She was aware that someone was taping everything that happened in the room, and she didn't want to infringe on anyone's privacy. It was a direct violation of her professional oath. After the cops departed, Sarah attempted to talk to Yn all day, but she refused to respond.

Carl had been MIA since the cops left. The last he texted was 'don't sound so suspicious dear; If anything goes wrong... I don't think I need to complete that sentence anymore sweetie ;)' Yn felt emotionally numb. She couldn't concentrate and didn't want to think about what the future had in store for her. Her thoughts were racing, and she was afraid that if she talked to Sarah, she might break down.

She exited the office, but this time she urged Sarah to go first. She locked her clinic by herself. Sarah captures Yn's attention by clutching her hand. "I understand you don't want to speak right now, but you can't hide and be mute forever, Yn." "I understand you want to handle things on your own, but as your older sister, I want you to know that if you need anything, you know where to find me," she added, her gaze deep in her eyes. Yn's eyes glistened with tears. She couldn't say anything, but she nodded her head in understanding as she wrapped her into an embrace.

She cleared her throat before saying, "Sarah, don't come back to the clinic until I contact you, okay?" I promise I will fix this as quickly as possible, but you must remain as far away from this as possible." Sarah was ready to interject when Yn added, "if not for me, do it for James." James was Sarah's only son. Sarah was a divorcee whose entire life revolved around James. If anything happens to either of them the other won't be able to go on.

Hearing James, Sarah didn't utter a word. She nodded and glanced down, recognizing the gravity of the situation. She said nothing as they both went towards their cars. Sarah gave Yn one last embrace before getting into her car. Yn waited until she saw Sarah drive away before returning to her car. She sighed as she sat in her car. She didn't want to go home since she was frightened of seeing Carl. She didn't have a specific objective in mind, but the longer she stayed, the more dangerous the situation grew. She started her motor and drove away as soon as she could.

After a few miles, she noticed a car following her. Her paranoia hit her hard, causing her heart to beat faster. She accelerated and made four right turns. When she noticed the vehicle was still behind her, she knew someone was following her, and the thought of Carl being that someone made her body freeze. Her phone rang before she could do anything else. She took it up without looking at the ID and kept it on speaker. "Hello? " She responds quickly, her gaze fixed on the rearview mirror. " Miss Yn? This is Jungkook. Is it the right time to talk or ... ?"

Yn was relieved when she heard his voice, "sir, I need help. Someone is following me." "What?!" came an exclaimed voice before hearing some shuffles and what seemed to be instructions. " Yn I need you to tell me your exact location." "Sir I am on Route 101 highway. Please hurry, he is catching up."

Jungkook, on the other end of the line, growled orders to the IT expert to find her whereabouts. Hearing the ruckus, Namjoon entered the room. "What is going on here?" " "Yn is being followed. "Perhaps Carl," Jungkook said, still on the phone.

"Found it sir!" someone yelled grabbing Jungkook's attention. "Send backups to the location. I am leaving first. Send officer Hope the directions." "yes, sir" was all that was heard. "Wait a minute, Justin! "I'll accompany you," Namjoon stated as he followed him to the car. "Cheif, Officer Jin is going with me; you don't need to come." "Oh, certainly, I do." "You're all fired up and won't make a sound decision whatsoever," Namjoon said as he sat in the front seat, Jungkook in the driver's seat, and officer Jin in the rear seat with his laptop and headphones.