The End part 2

The hallway was so quiet one could hear a pin drop to the concrete floor. Hyunjin and Jeongin could only hear each other's rapid breathing under the dimly lit light, but their eyes were glued in front of them. 

"What do you want" Hyunjin spat out, posture upright and proud as he placed a foot forward. 

He was faced with an amused face. Seungjin replied, "Ah ah ah, I wouldn't do that if i were you", indicating to Hyunjin's moved foot with the wiff of the gun, pointed in the general direction of his legs. 

Face grim, Hyunjin slowly slid his foot back, reveling in the annoyance appearing in Sungjin's expression. 

Although looking midly infurated by the unnesessary action, the man continued. "Now listen you little shits. We're all gonna take a little trip together. I'll just lead the way, and if i see or hear any funny buisness, you're dead. Understood?" he said, voice dangerously calm. 

The two boys didn't reply, and there was no need for one. Sungjin was slowly backing down the hallway, relieved to see the teenagers following him. They followed him wordlessly through a few hallways, each one more cold and dark than the last. Finally, they stopped in front of a door. A strong, metal door, placed seemingly random in a row of empty door frames. 

Noticing that the man was hyperfocused on them and that nothing they did would go unnoticed, Hyunjin cracks out a plan. 

He stumbled in his steps, not much, but just enough to tap a short morsecode while making it look like he was simply trying to mute the fall. 

Jeongin replied with a quiet doubletap, and Hyunjin knew the message came across.

"Hey!" Sungjin shouted. "Can do assassination but can't even walk properly..." he mumbles beneath his breath as he tapped in the code to the door. "All right! In with you boy-"

A beep was heard, and the door lock turned green. 

Jeongin instnantly took off. Aiming straight for Sungjin, he let his instincts take over. The man didn't even get the chance to pull the trigger before a body is blocking his entire field of vision. 

Meanwhile, Hyunjin didn't wait to see what was happening. Deciding to put his trust into his boyfriend, he reached for the unlocked door, and with no hesitation, opened it. 

As he stepped inside, he got hit by a wave of cold. So cold that his breath turned white as it met the air of the room. It was freezing, dark, and the humid air only made it worse. He could hear the sounds of the fight ruling out behind him, but he was more busy trying to make sense of the dark shapes lingering around the concrete walls and floor. 

Before his eyes even got properly adjusted to the dark, he noticed a sombre, limp, figure lying against the far right corner of the room. A small feeling of hope arose in his chest as he realised the figure was a human body, and that hope was immediately run over by pure dread as he realised the person was not breathing.

He wasted no time to run over to the corner and falling to his knees in front of the person. He hesitated, however, to touch the body. "Hello? Seungmin-ah?" he called out, eyes starting to water when there was no sign of response. He carefully reached out to turn the person around, wincing at how cold the skin was. Hyunjin was faced with the face of his friend.

Seungmin looked dead. That's the only way to describe what went through Hyunjin's mind at that moment. The boy had several bruises along his face, the most noticable ones being his purple and yellow cheek, his black and swollen right eye, and the obnoxious amount of dried blood that connected his lips to his broken nose. His lips were blue of cold, and his eyes looked glued together with frost. And, instead of a red nose and cheeks, Hyunjin was met with purple and black ones. Seungmin's hair was so dirty that Hyunjin could feel the mud dirtying his hand as he ran it through the stiff black hair.