3: Heart of Glass

On her dying breath, the queen spoke of her daughter's name and thank the Goddess of Light for her child will see another day.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Morning rain drizzled down the land of mortals. The pitter-patter of water was like soft music to my ears. Under the umbrella, Haisley carried me towards the Emerald Palace where the library was located.

From a distance, I could already see the main palace. It was three, no, four times larger than the place I was living in. We walked for five more minutes before we could arrive at the building. I was astonished that the royal estate was this vast.

Everything shimmers brightly when we entered. Silver, gold, diamonds, rubies, and more were decorated everywhere, blinking at me like starlight.

While Haisley was navigating us to the library I tried not to move much under her arms as I awe at the place. I then made a quick eye contact with a young man who looked like was in his early twenties. He was wearing a different uniform from the common knights or guards I usually saw outside my window. His fiery red hair caught my attention. Eyes wide in surprise he was about to say something but Haisley took a turn and the young man was gone.

It was a two-story library. After stepping through the large door, the antique smell of old books hit my nose. Perhaps it's still early that the place is vacant.

"There must be a book that the princess could understand in here," Haisley said to herself then looked at me. "Is there something you want to know?"

"Luville Kingdom."

Haisley placed me down on an expensive and comfortable-looking couch near the window. "Stay here princess, I'll look for a history book and a map for you."

I should at least start from somewhere, right? The first thing I should look for is the land where I was born.

The kingdom itself is no mere kingdom, an empire would be more befitting with its enormous territory that took a third of the Siena Continent. As I stared at the map while listening to Haisley something caught my eye. Another land on the far north-west of the map, a continent called Euxenia that has three countries to be governed.

A place that was very familiar to me.

In the land of Euxenia where few mortals have been blessed by magic a great war broke. Not against humans but demons that very came from the depth of Hell. There was once a time that we, the Holy Maidens, came to that land to assist the humans, bringing miracles and preaching about the Goddess of Light. I usually did the two formers. I never like expressing my faith in the Goddess publicly.

But what's going on? I thought I was in a book that Cianna wrote.

In the middle of her lesson, Haisley yawned giving me an opportunity.

"Haisley, you must be sleepy," I started.

"Ah! That's not it, princess. I'm just tired that's all. Where were we?"

I jumped off the couch and said to her, "Just rest, I'll go around."

Her face was sketched with concern. "Oh no, that won't do. I cannot leave you unattended."