7: Heart of Glass

The Abandoned Princess made a wish on the shooting star, that someday her father will come and see her as his daughter.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I'm losing my goddamn mind.

That—

It—

What's really going on?

Stomach churning painfully and head spinning I shut my eyes tightly with a troubled look on my face. My mind kept hearing those terrible words as if they were omens that came from the red-headed knight, Lucas the Captain of the Imperial Guard.

The king has taken a liking to the princess.

Liking to the princess..?

To me?

Bullshit—

There's probably wrong with Lucas's eyes or maybe his head to even deduce that. It's clear that the king wants to kill me, he already threatened me two times!

My stomach twisted more painfully this time as I think of death knocking at my door sooner.

The door opened with a bang hitting the wall. I somewhat suppressed a shriek. With my heart pounding in sudden fright, my wide eyes followed Haisley storming inside the room with an excited face.

"Happy Birthday, princess," she greeted with a big smile.

Staring for a second I got a feeling that something was off. Usually, she would greet me on my birthday with a smile but this smile was different. Now I couldn't see that slight sadness in her eyes instead they sparkles in excitement.

"Thank you, Haisley," I said unsure from her weird action. I couldn't help but be anxious.

"Come now, we don't have enough time, princess," she said quite in a hurry.

Confused, I let Haisley drag me around without questions.

She dressed me with much more effort than before that I actually looked like a princess in front of the mirror. The new dress that Haisley brought was white with blue frills and ribbons. It was a simple dress but adorable in a way. Among all the dressed I have this was much more expensive.

Oh, wait, will it affect the allowance money the palace has for this month?

"Is it not your liking?" Haisley asked anxiously after she saw me frowning in the mirror.

I turned to the person who raised me like her own child and asked, "Will I have chocolates this month? This dress is expensive, isn't it?"

I made a lot of effort in persuading Haisley just to put the chocolate on our monthly allowance. Kook's Chocolat and Tea is the best and well-known store in the capital with its heavenly and intoxicating aroma of both its chocolate and tea.

Her worried face brightens and she chuckled. "Worry not, princess, your chocolates won't be removed from the budget allowance. Me and the servants pinch in to buy you a new dress. Make sure to thank them later, yes?"

Warmth blossomed on my chest. A smile formed on my lips. "I will. Thank you, Haisley," I said as I hug her legs.

Haisley started to cry and hugged me tightly. "Oh, princess! Thank you also, please remember you are a blessing."

We climbed down the stairs with newfound eagerness.

"Are we going outside?" Excitement could be heard in my voice.