6: Heart of Glass

The second princess was born in the slum of Luville Kingdom.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The moment Aiden saw me the next day he bawled his eyes out that I thought we'll get caught. I don't know what would happen to me if someone saw the little prince crying but I know my hands are shaking in fear.

It took me a while to get what he was trying to say between his sobs and my dread of being seen. But then, I couldn't help but find it cute with how he acted towards me. The prince has gotten close to me in a short period of time that he cried because he's leaving me behind and won't see each other for three years.

I would be lying if I didn't feel slight sadness and maybe loneliness from the news. By tomorrow he'll be moving to another country for a training camp which is for elite male nobles from different kingdoms.

In order for him to cheer up and stop him from crying again, I gave him my uncolored drawing where we both lay on the grass sleeping with small smiles on our faces. And just like magic, he was smiling before he left.

My days went back to normal, but sometimes I unknowingly was expecting the little prince to show up with his bright excited gold eyes.

"I'm here, sister."

"Haisley," I called while staring at my reflection in the water. The mixed scent of clary sage and orange oil in the tub somehow made the tension in my muscle melt away.

I've been in a state of stress since this morning.

"Yes, your highness?" She asked with a hum as she massages my scalp.

"Perhaps I should become a robber in the future? Like the scavengers outside the kingdom or maybe a pirate."

Another problem I couldn't solve. If I ever escape this place and change my identity, what will I become? A commoner that does what? The only thing that I did in the land of mortals is execute and assist in the war against demons—and blessed the people under the Goddess of Light. Now that I no longer possess magic I'm just an ordinary person.

"Y-your high-highness?! What do you mean? You want to be a-a-a criminal?!?!" Haisley's voice became more and more high-pitched as she continues to speak, I might even think she'll collapse.

Or I could open a business since I know how to cook? But I don't have the money to begin with nor I don't know where to find money for the expenses since I am an abandoned child of the king. Surely, there would be no treasures for me.

Hold on.

I quickly stood up with my naked butt and proclaimed to no one, "I'll enter the convent and become a nun!"

That's right!

Finding a place to stay and food to eat just to survive my everyday life will no longer be a problem.

"A lifelong commitment will be an easy peasy," I said to myself with conviction. Since I had been working for Goddess Cianna for many years, I won't have any trouble as long as I shut up. Giving charity will be a piece of cake. Granted with food and shelter I'll definitely survive.

Now that I think about it, the excessive amount of curses that my mouth could spit quickly drop. Must be because I haven't spoken much.

If that's the case it's good news.

"Hear me out, princess," Haisley begged after I unintentionally ignored her calls.

Turning around I looked at her and apologized, "Sorry Haisley, I was just thinking. You were saying?"