ELEVEN

- CHAPTER 11 -

❝You've got to go Ave, now

You've got to go Ave, now.

THE NOTT MANOR.

EVER SINCE THEY WERE YOUNG, Theodore and Grace Nott had been inseparable. Even though their parents were horrible, and their life was everything but okay, they still found solace in each others presence very easily.

The Nott parents, members of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, and avid followers of their so called lord, had absolutely no interest in their two children.

"Ave, you've got to say thank you when someone does something for you, okay?" the older brother said while wiping his sisters face clean.

Theodore Nott was the one who had raised Grace the most, more than his own parents. They were barely at home and when they were, no nice words would ever come out of their mouths.

"Thank you Theo."

Most days, Theodore would teach his little sister the basic necessities. Make her eat her food, help her clean herself, read books to her while she slept, he was everything you'd look for in an older brother.

When Theodore had first gone to Hogwarts, Grace had been completely devastated. She would spend days and days crying, hoping that her brother would come back. And when he did, Grace would never let go off of him.

"Theo, what if I don't get into Slytherin?" she asked with worry.

"Don't worry Ave. Even if you don't, i'll always be here for you."

Avery Nott, that was who she was before she had become Grace.

When Grace had first attended Hogwarts and got sorted into Hufflepuff, her parents had been more than disappointed. They had been furious, absolutely furious.

They didn't care that she was just 11, they wanted to punish her. And so that, they did.

"A Hufflepuff? You disgrace!"

Her parents didn't want other people to know so naturally, they told everyone that she was dead. Ever since she was born, they had hidden her identity. The Nott parents had believed that girls should be kept hidden, to keep them pure until they would be sent off and away with their chosen husbands.

Everyone knew that the Notts had a daughter, but no one had ever seen her with their eyes or known her name. So to save their respect, the Nott parents changed her name and forced her to keep quiet about being the daughter of the infamous Abraham Nott.

When Grace had gotten sorted into Hufflepuff, everyone was sure that they were looking at the wrong Nott. Fortunately for the parents, people around them had believed that Grace was someone else, since there was no way that the daughter of the Notts would be a Hufflepuff.