FOURTEEN

- CHAPTER 14 -

❝Am I? I didn't quite notice

Am I? I didn't quite notice.

Hogwarts, Sixth year.

IT WAS FINALLY THE TIME that James had been waiting for, the quidditch match Gryffindor had against Slytherin. It wasn't the finals, or anything near it, but it was still the most anticipated game of the season.

Slytherin and Gryffindor, two of the biggest rivals at Hogwarts. Whether it be in games, or in studies, and even their normal day to day activities, the two houses would always make everything into a competition.

"You're coming to watch, right?" the boy asked with hopeful eyes.

"Well, what will I get in return?"

"Your wish, will be my command," he said dramatically.

For the past few hours, the pair had been sitting near the Black Lake while trying to study for their test. However, teaching James had been even harder than the girl had thought.

"Wear my jacket, would you?"

"It's quite ghastly, but anything for you Potter."

The varsity jacket, something every quidditch player would get with their last name written on it's back. Usually, couples would share it with each other to show the support that they had for their partners. James knew of it, but he didn't care.

Before the match began, Grace realised that James had been feeling extremely nervous. More so than usual, due to the girl's presence. And the mere fact that she was, indeed, wearing the jacket he had given her, had taken the air inside of his lungs completely.

"Chin up Potter, you'll do great."

"And what if I don't?"

"Then i'm going to tease you about it for the rest of our lives."

The rest of our lives, James had liked the sound of that. To be able to spend the many more years to come, with the girl right by his side, it had all felt like a dream.

When it was time to leave for the game, Grace had stopped the boy and waited until he was near. Standing up on her toes, Grace raised her face to his cheek and gave it a light peck.

"Good luck James. Don't die while you're at it, yeah?"

For a while, James stood there and just stared at the place where she had just been. He felt like the spot where she had kissed him, it was still very hot. Only a mere peck, it had melted James entirely, from the insides and out.

Winning the game was extremely easy for the boy, he was the best quidditch player of Hogwarts after all. And watching him, Grace was not disappointed.

She had seen James play the game many times before. But now, it was completely different. Throughout the whole match, James had been sneaking glances at the girl whenever he would get the chance. And the whole entire time, Grace was sure that she was going to faint.

"You've got to come to the party G, please?"

"I'll think about it."

Just like every other match, the Gryffindors had held a party for their win in their common room. And just like every other time, it was something all the older students had been looking forward to.

"Grace, you're here!"

"Am I? I didn't quite notice."

James had been waiting for the girl to show up. The whole entire time, he had liked to think that she was his good luck charm. Even though James was amazing at quidditch, he would still mess up sometimes. However, on this day, he hadn't messed up a single time.

"What if I was a worm G, would you love me then?"

"I hate worms Potter. Maybe if you were a snail, then i'd reconsider."

At the girl's words, James let out a wholehearted laugh. He looked so content, so happy, any passerby would've noticed it. He had gotten a lot better these past few months, the rest of the Marauders couldn't help but be thankful of Grace for it.

"Okay, we are playing spin the bottle!"

During the game, many people had been paired up to share a kiss. Marlene and Lily, Remus and Frank, even James and Sirius had become victims of the game.

"Oh my, it seems to me that James and Grace have been pointed at!"

Grace knew it was just a game, but her heart was hammering so fast against her chest, she was sure she was going to pass out. Leaning forward to kiss the boy, Grace could see the nervousness behind the boy's own eyes as well.

The kiss was gentle, yet promising. Their lips were soft against each others, moulded into perfection.

James held the girl close to him and pressed his lips deeper into hers. Grace hadn't ignored it, she did the same. They felt like in the whole entire room, they were completely alone.

James could taste the alcohol on her skin, it had made the whole thing a lot better. He knew that at this point onwards, he wouldn't at all be able to live without the girl's lips on his.

Grace had slid her hand behind his neck, the small hairs trickling beneath her skin. The girl felt like she could go on for hours, but not in a place like this.

"Blimey, get a room would you?"

A/N : double update, cause they finally kissed<3