NINETEEN

- CHAPTER 19 -

❝I am so proud of you

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I am so proud of you.

Potter Manor, Summer break.

THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS HAD NEVER looked this empty before. Due to the war, many innocent lives had been taken. And out of fear, many parents had refused to send their kids back to Hogwarts in the first place.

Everyone had a single thought etched on their mind, will the time they spend with their families be the last one? All the moments that they had lived together, did it go down in vain with so much ease?

Regret, it was the one thing that the witches and wizards had shared in common. They felt as though all the time they had spent in the world, it was all just too less.

"You both have to come over, alright?" said James to his two friends.

"I'll be there."

"I-I'm not so sure if i'll make it."

When Euphemia and Fleamont had first laid their eyes at the kids, they couldn't help but take out a sigh of relief. The pair hugged them close to their chests, afraid that one day, it would only remain as a distant memory.

"We made some changes to your room dear, i hope you don't mind."

"Oh—wow."

Grace had been shocked, to say the least. How could a family be so kind, so caring and so similar to each other? It had seemed as though James was in contact with them, telling his parents about the girl's smallest of likes and dislikes.

For the room had been perfect, more than perfect. What really tied everything together was the piano, the instrument that had always been in the girl's heart as something just so beautiful to play.

"James, you told them about all this, didn't you?"

"Oh, I should've asked G, i'm so-"

"Thank you, truly."

The next few days had passed, quite quickly might i add. And even though the couple was never left alone, they would always share little touches of love in secret.

Like holding hands under the table during dinner, or the short kisses they'd pass while meeting in the hallways, the pair had found it quite exciting. Like a little game, of hide and seek.

But how long could one hide? Especially from a mother, someone who has known you since birth. Someone who, no matter how much you try to hide from, would always find you within mere seconds.

"I am your mother James, i know you better than you know yourself. Tell me, who's the lucky girl?"

Something Euphemia noticed was the amount of joy that had been present on her son's face, a feeling she had been yearning to see these past few months, maybe even more.

Seeing James be so heartbroken, so out of everything, had made Euphemia herself feel the same way. She could only think of one thing throughout it all, have i failed my own son?

"It's Grace. I-I love her mum, i really do."

For a while, James had thought that his mother would be disgusted in him for falling in love so quickly, right after his breakup with Lily. It was the main reason why he was so hesitant to tell her about it, his biggest fear was being a disappointment to someone so close to him.

"Oh dear, I am so proud of you."

And for the first time in months, James had let his emotions run free in the warm embrace of his dear mother. The feelings he had been hiding, to look strong and independent, it was all nothing but a facade while he sat next to Euphemia.

It was something he had needed, to be right next to his mother, and to share the feelings he had been bottling up. James was drowning, but no one could realise it except himself.

However, just like him, Grace had felt the exact same way. The only difference was that he had a shoulder to cry on with so much freedom, while she had no one but the pillows accompanying throughout during the night.

"Grace, sweetheart, i know that i am not the mother you look for. But i hope that you start to seek comfort in me, no matter how small it may be."

"Mrs Potter, I—"

"Call me Euphemia dear, we are family after all."

A / N : sorry for being ia, a double update to make up for it<3

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
HEAL ME | JAMES POTTERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें