TWENTY-FIVE

- CHAPTER 25 -

❝Let's take a break

Let's take a break.

Hogwarts, Seventh year.

THE WIZARDING WORLD WAS IN DANGER, even the safest of places such as Hogsmeade were under attack. Due to that, all weekend trips to the place had been cancelled.

For the seventh year students, it was a somewhat unhappy feeling. To spend their last year at Hogwarts, in such fear and misery, did they really deserve it at all?

"Okay, what's this potion?"

"Erm, it's red, for sure."

"James!"

Their finals exams were later that year, which made everything feel much more tense. The things they had been learning for the past seven years, it all came down to this exact moment.

Focusing on everything had been rather hard for the seventh years, fear taking over their bodies more and more every single day. Fear for themselves, their families, their dying future.

It all seemed impossible, the things they've been dreaming of since they were young. The dreams they'd have of being Aurors, Healers, or even Quidditch players, would it all just remain as a fantasy?

"Do you think we'll give the exams?" the girl asked with a sigh.

"They'd never cancel them, only if we were dead would we have to miss them," he replied with a scoff.

Afraid of death, many parents had stopped their kids from going back to Hogwarts for the new year. And the ones that didn't, they only sent their kids due to the trust that they had in the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore.

"You reckon they'd attack Hogwarts?"

"Don't think they'll have the courage, specially when Dumbledore's around."

The headmaster of Hogwarts himself was quite worried, about the school and the students. So, in order to protect them all, he came up with an idea. The order of Phoenix.

Compiled of his greatest students, majority of which were from the Gryffindor house, it was a group that had agreed to put their lives on the lines just so they could save a million more.

"I hope you all know what you're getting yourself into, it is a commitment you might want to think about."

James Potter was one of the few who had raised their hands immediately, ready to fight for his friends and family members without a single other thought on his mind.

"Pete, you in?"

"Erm, yeah. I'm in."

The couple was currently in the library, studying for their exams which were right around the corner. A very hard task for James Potter, as per usual.

"James, you're doing it wrong again!"

"I'm chopping it! Isn't that what you said?"

"I said drop it James, not chop it!"

James looked over at the girl and sighed. As much as he had dreamed of being an Auror, studying for it had been rather difficult. Focusing on the tiniest of things for him was a hard task, his brain just never listened to him at times like these.

"Okay, let's take a break."

The two were sat in the far back corner, hidden from the eyes of any passerby. The boy knew that and took full advantage of it, pulling the girl closer to him in one swift moment.

"James, we're in the library!" she whispered with a frown.

"Is that a challenge?" he replied with a smirk.

James pressed soft kisses across the girl's neck, feeling her grip on him get tighter and tighter as he lowered down her body.

It was moments like these that brought a little excitement to their lives, the only time throughout their day where no other thing would be on their minds.

"James.."

"Hm?"

Grace pulled the boy away from her neck, holding him right in front of her face. She traced the hair on his skin, taking in every small detail with clear gratitude.

The girl did this quite often, pull him closer to herself and appreciate the little things about him that she usually would not.

"You always look at me like that G."

"I love you."

James grabbed her hand that was on his cheek and brought it up to his lips, pressing a soft kiss on it with awe. He would never understand how she had loved him, he was the last person who had deserved it.

"Bloody hell Prongs, in the library?"