TWENTY-SIX

- CHAPTER 26 -

❝You're putting yourself in danger!❞

You're putting yourself in danger!

Hogwarts, Seventh year.

THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX was determined to beat the death eaters, even though it was a group that had been compiled of kids. The courage that they had was like no other, their love for their families and friends increasing it day by day.

"Students, you must be prepared for whatever is to come."

"What do you mean Professor?"

"I can not determine the power that they have, breaking into Hogwarts would not be a hard task for them."

Hogwarts, the place that was supposed to be the safest, even under the watch of Albus Dumbledore the castle was an easy target. It didn't help that there was a rat amongst them, someone telling their every single secret to the other side.

"What do we do of the traitor?"

"We wait. A traitor will always mess up, whether it be now, or later."

Albus Dumbledore scanned each of his students with worry, this was the moment that he had been dreading the most. Someone getting lured away by the death eaters and falling for their traps.

"You look sick Wormtail, is everything alright?"

"Yeah erm— m'fine."

As days pass by, Grace can't help but feel even more anxious than she normally would. The idea of Hogwarts being in danger had seemed impossible before, but now it was happening.

It was happening, and there was no stopping it.

"Don't be worried G, i'll protect you."

There it was again, the feeling that the girl had almost no time left, not with James at least. Time was going by too fast, specially now that there was no guarantee of the breaths that they take everyday.

Each step that they'd take would be taken with gratitude, with precaution. Like one wrong move and they'd fall into an abyss, an abyss full of utter darkness, with no source of light except the hope that lingered in their hearts.

"I-I don't want to lose this James, i'm scared."

"I'll be with you for eternity Grace, we'll go through this together."

For an eternity, how long would that be for a soul that had barely gotten any time left?

"They're making me get the mark."

Over the past few days, the only good thing that had come out of everything was her blooming friendship with Alex Thompson. Something they hadn't expected, but appreciated so very much.

The two had bonded over their fair share of experiences, while being the children of the sacred twenty-eight.

"I've been thinking about it, and i-i think i could help the Order if i do get it."

"You're putting yourself in danger Alex!"

"As long as i'm saving lives Grace, does mine really matter at all?"

The girl had admired his bravery, his strive for such succession. The way he had turned his back on his family, with no intention of falling into their tricks, it wasn't an easy thing to do.

He was what she had aspired to be, to be able to go against her family with such confidence and ease.

"What about Sebastian?" the girl asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"If our love is real Grace, i will meet him again."

True love, it was bound to follow you wherever you would go. Even if it was in the afterlife, true love would be there for you when even the smallest of things wouldn't.

And that was what most of the students had held onto, it was the reason they could breathe so easily with no guarantee of their following days.

"Remus and Sirius, they've been fighting," said James Potter with a tired sigh.

Living in the same room as them had been hard for the past few weeks, their fights lingering the hours that'd pass by slowly each day.

"What? Why?"

"Pete said something, and now they're losing their trust in each other. All because of that bloody traitor!" he replied angrily.

It was fascinating to see how a human's mind had worked. One moment they'd be the most lovable, the most kindest being to walk on earth. And before you know it, they'd be plagued by the evil that roams across the world.

"What if people think its me?"

"Then i'll teach them all a lesson."

A / N : are we ready for this?