Chapter 9

"Containment Failure"

[ Warning, i am taking some creative liberties in how Originium would react and change on earth

A black, somewhat static screen is what greeted them as they connected to the helmet camera. In a moment, green text filled the bottom left of the screen, as the center began to gain color. "Alrighty! Let's see whats on the other end," wondered Exusiai - A/N, yeah no, im just gonna start naming the operators at this point, more convenient for me and you - as the camera was fully rendering the footage.

Sergeant Henry Smith
South New York National Guard
November 2nd, 2055
New York City, United States of America

"Well hello Mr. Henry," said the doctor, "I do not know who you are, but I thank you for welcoming us to the... United States of America." He sits down and watches as Henry calmly drove. Speakers were on just so the operators can now ear what was going on.

This is NYPD Unit-11, our position is being overrun by slimes and armed hostiles! The slimes appear to supplemented with infected animals! Now that was news, Kal'tsit began to lean in closely, her tablet out as she began to take note, Wait, SHIT, THEY'RE FUCKING RATS!

Henry looked visibly disturbed as somebody next to him shuddered, "Damn, so those crystals are affecting and mutating the damn rats in New York City?" Henry visibly shakes his head, causing the camera shake as well. In front of him, and on the highway leading out of the city, was a line of buses and vehicles leaving the city.Quickly turning on, Henry gets his vehicle to the off ramp and to the FOB point for the National Guard.

Getting out, while also grabbing his HK417, he ensures his PEQ-10 was on and ready to go, while also helping his units out of the Truck. Above, and he looked, National Guard UH-1s flew over, presumably with a mixture of SWAT and National Guard onboard each on. He shakes his head, as his right hand goes to fix his right ear muff, which has command yelling and arguing with the Police Department on Rules of Engagement. He looks at where they currently are, Pier 76.

Each truck carried atleast 2 15 man squads, and he is in command of Squad Bravo, which will try, as the data being relayed suggests, is to clear a path for much heavier Marine and Army elements to get to Central Park. "Hmmmm, interesting Military tactics..." Dokutah commented as the man looks down at his weapon, "What is that?" He and the other doctor turned to their resident Sankta. Only to be surprised when even they shrugged in confusion and unknowing.

"Never seen that weapon before Leader."

Before he can press further, Henry spoke again, "Squad, get into your fire teams, we are preparing to do sweep and clear ops." His unit gathered up, each holding different types of weapons and all sorts of kit. "Fireteam Bravo," he calls, the 3 soldiers coming up and saluting him, as he pulls up a large screen and puts it on the side of the vehicle, "I want you guys to secure all roads leading to 8th Avenue, fire team Delta and Echo will secure the avenue itself." 6 more saluted,

He then turns and points to another group of 3, "Charlie, your job is to sweep and clear as many buildings as you can that are on the northern end of our designated route. Me and Fireteam Alpha will handle anything on the southern end." He looks at everybody, "Once Marine and Army elements cross the Lincoln Tunnel, we will all converge on the southwest quadrant of Central Park, any questions?"

He looks around, his camera following him, as his unit just nodded no, and instead, charged their weapons. The medic, ironically chuckled as he said, "Ready as ever sergeant." Henry smiled as he nods, "Alright then, lets move out, we got Humvees to use here!" He starts getting himself into a Humvee, joined by his 2 others. 5 engines started up, as the squad began to move and head towards their designated assignments. Before they could do anything, they themselves have to drive through the Lincoln tunnel.