Chapter 49

"Trouble with our Maple Leaf"

Invasion Point SV - Operational Success

City has been secured and the Marine Corps is preparing for space ships to bring in Shipbuilding supplies. Information on the "Seaborne" must be ALPHA priority.

2 UH-65 Defiants have went down, 1 pilot dead, and 6 marines killed.

Teams report of potential kind controlling Entity, and the teams reporting that repeating the U.S. Marine Corps Motto 'Semper Fi' is able to create a light headed effect that "shields" a person from the damage. Unknown as to why this occurs, research requested.

Teams report of "Seaborne", unknown and hostile sea creatures that are ranged, can fly, and has projectile capabilities.

The Corps is advised to put down almost all instances of Seaborne.

In Point SV, we have found a neutral, she goes by the name of "Skadi". We are to question her at the FOB.

Semper Fi

Micheal Middleton
December 19th, Earth Time, 2055
October 20th, Terra Time, 1097
United States Marine Corps Base - Sal Viento

In a temporary command room, set up using the tavern, computers and communications equipment was being set ups. Outside, combat engineers were using flame throwers alongside JLTVS with their own flame-based weapons to burn and clear away the Nethersea. The smell of burnt kelp and seaweed - most of the marines guess - began to spread through the city.

Helicopters with thermobaric Hellfires joined, explosions and fire began to burn most of the Nethersea away.

As well as demolish any buildings too old or too invaluable to do or utilize. The bell towers are being investigated by some Marines.

In the tavern itself, Michael, Smokton, Skadi and some of the fire team leaders were sitting or standing before a briefcase that had a lap top inside. It had uplinked to New Roanoke, and now there was a confused and somewhat upset person on the other end.

"... son who the hell is this," Brigadier General Ursula Gredwitch was looking at Michael and his team through the laptop. Skadi sat next to Michael and Smokton, the 2 cross armed and looking at Ursula through the Camera. Michael looked at Skadi, and lightly gestures.

Causing her to snap out of her confused daze, she looks at the screen, her hat slightly falling back, "Skadi," was the short and sweet answer from her.

"Okay, we know that," Ursula crossed her arms and looks at her, "But who exactly are you? You're a hell of an unknown in our eyes."

Skadi's eyes slightly squinted, not going unnoticed by Michael. Micheal then leaned forward, "With all due respect general," he began, "she was the one who saved the lives of 19 Marines. So for the local Unit down here, she's not so 'Unknown' now."

"Is that so?" The general asked, her eyes looking Skadi up and down from the screen, before leaning backwards, "Then she has my thanks, but lets get down to business," she thinks. Before looking at her, "She is a bounty hunter, from what she is telling us?"

The bounty hunter in question looks at the General, Michael nodding, "Correct, Ma'am, almost every bit of information about her - that we gather from this town and from whatever information in the area tells us - almost certainly circles back to 'Bounty Hunter'," Skadi kept quiet, Michael crossing his arms, "If that's a case, she's damn fucking powerful for a hunter."