18.

Bahrain 2021

It was the first race of the 2021 season. Max and Lewis were both racing eachother for the lead, and Lewis was quite enjoying a battle for first place for a change. The relationship between the Brit and the Dutch man was a sort of friends with benefits, since the latter races of the previous season.

The end of the race finished with Lewis winning just seven tenths of a second ahead of Max. After the podium celebrations, Max pulled Lewis to one side.

'Congrats on the race win'
'Thanks man, you didn't make it easy for me, that Red Bull is looking really quick this season'
'Yeah, hopefully we can challenge you for more of the race wins this season'
'I hope so, cause it sometimes gets lonely out front'
'Hmm, I was just wondering if you would like to come out and celebrate with me'
'What were you thinking about'
'Just go out for a meal, there's a nice restaurant nearby that does vegan food'

Max had no idea where this courage was coming from to effectively ask Lewis out on a date.

'I'd love to go out to eat with you'
'It's a date them...........urm I didn't mean it like that'
'Max, do you really want to go put on an actual date with me'
'Yes, I've wanted to for ages, but I didn't think that you liked me like that'
'I've liked you for ages, I just thought that I was a thing until you found someone younger, if I'd have known, I would have asked you out on a date ages ago'
'We are slight fools aren't we'
'I think so, now let's go and get changed and I'll meet you at the restaurant, hoe does that sound'
'That sounds fine, see you in a bit Lewis'
'Bye Max'

Max skipped off towards the Red Bull hospitality to collect his stuff, whilst Lewis followed at a more leisurely pace. They went back ti their respective hotels, got changed and then ordered a taxi to the restaurant that Max had chosen. Somehow they arrived at the same time and walked into the restaurant together, choosing a seat in the corner where it was dark so nobody could recognise them. They sat and started talking until a waiter came up to them so that they could order food.

'So, what do you want to eat Max'
'Erm, I'll have whatever your having'
'Are you sure, you know that I'm eating vegan right'
'Yeah, I want to try some vegan food, and see what you like eating'

A blush spread across Max's face and Lewis had to stop himself from leaning across the table and kissing Max while the waiter was still there.
Lewis ordered the food and they both sat back to wait for it to arrive.

'You look so cute when you blush'
'Th...th...thanks'

A conversation was then started up about past f1 drivers until the food arrived.

'This actually tastes really good'
'Yeah, it's not bad is it Max'
'I suppose if I ate vegan food it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world sometimes'
'I'm glad you tried it'
'So am I'

After they finished, Lewis payed for the food and they left the restaurant and ordered a taxi back to the hotel. They ended up in Max's hotel room lying on the bed in eachothers arms.

'Lewis'
'Hmm'
'I really liked that today'
'So did I Maxy'
'I understand if you don't but I was wondering, er well'
'Maxy, I'd love to be your boyfriend if that's what your asking'
'Yes'

Lewis leaned and kissed Max on the head. They both settled down under the covers and fell asleep. They would figure out what to do in the morning.

***
So, a chapter showing how Lewis and Max got together.
Did you like it?
Do you want to see more chapters showing Max and Lewis's relationship in 2021?