23.

Currently, Lewis was making his way into the Red Bull hotel to meet up with Max. Max had, had a bad race and Lewis had gotten a call from Checo asking him to please come and check up on Max as he had locked himself in his room and wasn't answering. So that was where Lewis found himself, in the company of a very concerned Checo, hurrying up to Max's room.

'How are we going to explain this to Christian if he sees us'

'I don't know, I suppose we'll come to that bridge if we cross it'

'You mean, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it'

'That's what I said, no?'

'You'll get there eventually Checo'

'Your English phrases, they are so confusing, ah here's Max's room'

'Thanks Checo'

'Now please go and talk to him'

Checo let Lewis into the room before walking down the corridor and entering what Lewis presumed to be his own room. Lewis turned around and entered the room belonging to his husband. The curtains were closed and the lights were turned off making the room extremely dark. Over on the bed, there was a lump under the covers which Lewis went over towards. He put his hand on top of the covers and noticed there was a slight sobbing sound.

'Maxy, baby what's wrong'

'Go away'

'No, come on out of those covers, you must be sweating and I want to see your beautiful face'

Max slowly pealed the covers off himself and buried his face into Lewis's shoulder still sobbing.

'What happened Maxy'

'They all hate me including Christian and Checo'

'Max, Checo doesn't hate you, he was the one who called me here, he was worried about you and so am I, but why do you think that they hate you'

'Cause I let them down at the race, I crashed when I was well out front, I cost them the win, and then Christian had a go at me'

'Oh baby, you didn't let any......wait did you say that Christian had a go at you'

'Y...Yeah'

Lewis took his phone out and fired a text to Checo, who knocked on the door to Max's room very shortly afterwards. Standing up, Lewis went and let him in.

CP- So, what's going on, you didn't really mention in your text

LH- You tell him Maxy

MV- Christian had a go at me and called me a rubbish driver and then said I was useless

CP- Right, I'm going to have a word with Christian about this

LH- Right, just let me know if he is coming up here cause I'd need time to hide or something

CP- Will do

Checo sped out the door with a determined look on his face.

MV- Christian deserves what's coming to him

LH- I agree

Lewis and Max settled down on the bed and just spent the rest of the time cuddled up together. Christian didn't come up to the room but he did ask Max to meet him the next day. Checo made sure that he was also going to be present in the meeting as well so they'll see what will happen tomorrow.

****

Authors Note

Sorry for the massive delay but I had kind of run out of ideas. This chapter didn't go the way I thought it would when I planned it but oh well. So, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and if you have any ideas for what I could include in future chapters, then just let me know in the comments.