Chapter 16

Anna's P.O.V

My eyes widened, as what the girl said sank into me. Jason's girlfriend? I didn't know that he had a girlfriend. I am not complaining though, it's good that there is someone that loves him, then he can forget about me and let me go.

But Jason had different ideas.

"Get the hell out of here Mariah, I told you, I didn't want to see you again." Jason spoke to her, his teeth gritted. Mariah ignored him, looking back and forth between me and Jason. "Jason, who is she?" she asked him, eyeing me.

My self confidence is already so low and this is going to do much to build it up. "My girl, Anna." Jason said, laying a hand possessively on my lap. Mariah glared at him before smirking, "What?" She spat, laughing. "Jason...you can do soooo much better."

Jason's eyes darkened and he balled his palms into fists. "I am your girlfriend Jason. Don't tell me you have forgotten the things we did together." Mariah said running a perfect long black fingernail over Jason's chest.

Jason shoved her hand roughly away, "We never existed." He said. Mariah laughed again, throwing her head back like it was the most funny thing she had ever heard. When she finally stopped she pointed a finger at me, "So you are telling me that you love this girl or something."

"Yes that's right, I do. Now, go away from here." Jason said. It was clear that he was angry and he was trying hard to control it. His teeth were gritted together and his jaw was hard and he was looking away from Mariah. "Now now Jason...you cant forget me so easily?" Mariah whispered into Jason's ear.

I scoffed mentally, this girl is so desperate.

Jason shoved her away standing up in a rush. His eyes were no more the chocolate brown colour. They were black, pitch black.
"Eric!" he screamed, "Eric get your ass here now!" The music stopped then, the crowd turned to look at the seen unfolding in front of them. I could see Eric making his way over here.

"Eric, what is this girl doing here? I told you to keep your sister away." Jason's voice boomed across the now quite hall.

Eric's sister? I was confused. Mariah laughed yet again but there was no humur in her laugh, only anger and hurt, "You are doing this all for her, right Jason?...Babe? All for this whore." She said dragging me up from my chair using her sharp nails.

I wish the ground could just swallow me up now. I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"What did you do to my Jason bitch? You stole him from me!" she screamed at me, shaking me by the shoulders violently. Before Jason could come and stop her, her hand flew up and slapped me across the face, hard, leaving a painful stinging sensation.

Jason pulled her off me and I gladly went behind him. I hated Jason, but at this moment, he made me feel safe. He intertwined his hand with mine and I held on to his arm, tears stinging my eyes and feeling humiliated.

Mariah came at Jason, taking hold of his collar, tears running down her face now, "Why her Jason? Why not me? Am I not as good? What is there in the whore anyway?"

I shrunk, wanting all this to end. Jason shoved her roughly away again with a growl and she fell on the floor.

Jason pulled out something from his pocket then. Something that was capable of taking some one's life, a gun.

I stood frozen in my spot. I had no idea that he carried a gun around with him.

He pointed it straight at Mariah's head, an evil smile on his lips. Eric rushed over to Mariah, who was still on the floor. "Boss, no...please no...she is all I have. I will take her away...somewhere far. She wont bother you." Eric tried begging Jason.

"You said that before too. I gave you a chance, but not anymore." Jason said. Mariah looked scared now. Her eyes showed pure terror. "Live with her Jason, I will go away...please dont kill me." Mariah tried begging too.

I tugged on Jason's arm, "Jason don't kill her." I whispered. As if he would listen.

He smirked evilly, the silver gun gleaming in the light. "Any last words?" he asked Mariah.

"I love yo--" Mariah's words were cut short when Jason pulled the trigger. The gunshot was loud; I jumped, a high pitched scream leaving my mouth as blood poured out from the gaping hole in Mariah's head.

There was an eerie silence in the hall, no one spoke, no one moved. It was Eric's sobs that broke the silence, he kneeled down shaking his sister's limp dead body, tears running down his face.

I covered my mouth with my hand, not wanting my sobs to he heard.

"Steeve! Take away her dead body! And you all, stop staring, the party is over." Jason screamed, everyone made there way towards the exit.

I held on to a chair, my legs were wobbly and I wanted to collapse. Jason just killed someone. It was too much for me to take.

Jason turned his attention to me, his eyes instantly softened, "Did she hurt you?" he reached out to stroke my chin but I flinched.

Jason's face wore a pained expression, seeing my reaction. My ran a hand through his hair, frustrated.

"Come on Anna. Lets get you home." He said bringing out the same white cloth out.

"No! You promised." I chocked out, backing away.

As if a murderer keeps his promises.

He wrapped his strong arms around me, clamping the cloth over my mouth. I took a deep breath in, wanting to just get away from reality, and this seemed like the only way.

As usual, I fell limp, helpless in the arms of my kidnapper and a murderer.

At least sleep was a better place.