Chapter 17

Anna's P.O.V

I woke up back in Jason's bed. I sat up, the memories of Jason killing Mariah instantly came flooding back to me.

My eyes shifted uncomfortably around that room, stopping when they came to Jason, who was sitting on the couch. He watched me carefully, as if waiting for my reaction. I didn't give him one.

The very thought of being in the same room as him disgusted me now. I knew from the start that he was a killer, but watching him kill someone in front of me, just left me speechless at his cruelty.

Jason dropped his gaze, loosing the glowering contest against me. He sighed, "Anna.." he began, but I didn't want to hear it.

I got up from the bed suddenly, confidence, anger and hate surging through my veins. "Shut up Jason, just shut up." I said, my voice coming out stronger than I felt. Jason got up from the couch, but, his eyes glinting, showing the first signs of anger; which I merely ignored.

"You killed someone Jason! You took someone's life! How could you..." I whispered, almost to myself.

"I know, Anna. But I did it because I love you." Jason said, calmly, keeping his distance from me. I lost control then, "Killed someone because you loved me! What kind of sick person are you?" I asked, my voice getting high pitched.

"YES ANNA! YES I KILLED SOMEONE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! I love you so much that I couldn't bear seeing her humiliate you and slap you... it was too much for me! I COULDN'T STAND THERE AND WATCH! Don't blame me, I warned her! I told her to go away! But no, she had to get herself killed. I WAS DOING IT TO PROTECT YOU. DON'T YOU SEE? TO MAKE YOU HAPPY. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH." Jason screamed, tears in his eyes.

He looked desperate, broken even, but that didn't lessen my disgust, it only made it worse. Killed Mariah to make me happy!? What kind of mental person am I dealing with?

I scoffed, "But I will never love you. I will never love a ruthless criminal like you, a person who is heartless. A killer." I said, exaggerating each word, making sure he heard me. Jason looked lost for words, he sank down on the floor against the sofa.

He ran a hand through his quiff, "What have I done... I have made you hate me." He muttered to himself softly, tears visible in his perfect cheeks now. He turned his attention back to me, "Don't say that Anna... You will love me, someday... you have to..." he said, looking vulnerable.

"I don't have to, and I won't." I said, walking out of the room, leaving Jason on the crying on the floor.

I am sorry, but the truth is always bitter.