Chapter 22

Anna's P.O.V

I closed my eyes, waiting for the bullet to hit me, for my life to be sucked away from me. Seconds ticked by, nothing happened. No gunshot. No sound at all. Nothing.

Was I in heaven already?

I gasped loudly as cold water hit my face. Humour filled laughter followed. What the hell?

I squinted, opening my eyes. Eric stood a few feet away from me, laughing like he had heard the funniest joke ever. His head was thrown back, his curls lightly bouncing and he emerald eyes shining as he laughed. He held on to the gun tightly in his hands.

Jason stood a few feet away, frozen, a look of shock and horror written in his face, then relief taking over. His mocha brown eyes were more pitch black, his face red - he seemed to have stopped breathing.

What the hell just happened?

Then, it dawned on me. It was a water gun that Eric was holding, not a real gun and all this time, he was just playing a prank. A silly prank that he had successfully caught me in.

Jason rushed over to me, realization filling his face, but the worry and concern didn't completely leave him.

He engulfed me in a big hug, holding me tight and stroking my hair like he would never let go. "Anna are you okay? Are you hurt?" Jason spoke into my ears, his voice soft, desperate and urgent.

"Yeah...I think so...I am just a little shocked...I didn't expect that..." I said, shakily, breaking the hug and stepping away. Jason sighed, relieved, hugging me really quickly again.

I looked over at Eric, who was now watching with sudden fear in his eyes, his laughter vanished in thin air. He looked panicked, and I felt sorry for him. It did not take rocket science to figure out that Eric had not meant this to be seen by Jason. And he now, now that Jason has seen, he was in deep trouble.

Jason turned his attention to Eric too, breathing heavily and his arms trembling in anger. I had never seen a person look so angry before. I would never forget the image of Jason looking angry throughout my life. He looked so fierce, so scary, so exciting, so beautiful in a wrong way.

I hadn't had pranks or jokes ever played on me, but I knew this much that it was just a joke. I knew Eric didn't mean any harm. And I also knew, that Jason was going to beat up Eric for this.

I tugged on Jason's arm, "Jason forget it...I am okay now. It was just a stupid joke..." I spoke, trying to get a comforting and soothing tone. Jason didn't reply, his stare fixed on Eric. "Please...dont Jason...Forget it...he was just having a laugh. I am fine now, honest." I try again.

"Shut your mouth Anna! He cant have a laugh like that with you. I have warned him before, no one messes around with my girl! Do you morons not understand that?!" Jason snapped at me, shaking my arm off his.

I flinched sinking away from his harsh words, I didn't want to let them affect me, but I am a very sensitive person.

Jason ran forward, talking slapping Eric hard across the face before punching him in his guts. Eric groaned, doubling over in pain, not daring to fight Jason.

I could only stand watching in horror as Jason punched and kicked him a few more times before taking his hair in a fistful and forcing his head down in the pool water. Eric, gasped and I saw bubbles coming up, as Jason held his head firmly underwater.

Jason let him come up and take in some air, and then no more that a second, he dunked his head in the water again. "When I say, stay the fuck away from my girl, you stay away. Understand?" Jason screamed into Eric's face when he let him come up for a gasp of air. Then he just, shoved his face in the water again.