Chapter 33

Anna's P.O.V

I blinked my eyes open, but then shut them against the bright sunlight. I sighed, stretched, and yawned. Needless to mention, I had had a perfect sleep last night.

But when I didn't feel my bed under me, I sat up with a surprised jolt, and then last night's happenings flashed back into my mind.

I sighed again, relaxing my body and looking out over the cliff. The sun had come up high in the sky, indicating it was late morning and the ocean water was crystal clear, delightfully blue. I skimmed my eyes over the blue waters, and my eyes widened when they fell over something in the waters.

I strained my eyes to see that far, but then I saw it was Jason. He was swimming. In the sea.

Unable to control myself, I let out a giggle. Trust him to do this. I shook my head, my eyes fixed on the distant body in the waters as I got up and dusted off my dress.

With a light step, I ran down the cliff and into the sand. The sand was warm, soft as usual and my bare feet sunk in it as I ran across to the coast.

I ran a hand though my hair, that hung in messy waves as I ran, and I finally stopped when I was near the sea.

Watching Jason from here was very amusing to me. He had stripped out of his clothes, and was only swimming in a pair of boxers, from what I could make out. He appeared not to have noticed me standing there, and his muscular arms cut strongly through the waters as he swam.

I caught my self wondering. My mind thinking how perfect Jason looked. Nothing like a criminal.

I was broken out of my trance by Jason shouting my name. Jason had stopped swimming and was coming up the waters, wading, his body glistening in the sunlight.

He ran a hand through his wet hair as I watched in amusement and fascination. "Its amazing in the water here Anna! And from my knowledge on you, I know that you love swimming...so why not?" Jason asked, beckoning me into the water.

I laughed, "I am not in the proper attire. And I cant just swim in the sea!" I shouted back.

Jason laughed too, "So? Even I am not wearing a swimsuit, and the ocean is amazing. Trust me. You will love it. Besides, you have a cute little body, dont be afraid to flaunt it to me." Jason said winking and swimming back deeper into the ocean, his back turned to me.

I sighed. But why not? A mischievous grin spread across my face, and with one swift motion I took my dress of, leaving myself in my turquoise underwear. I ran towards the ocean, and squealed when a icy cold wave hit me.

As soon I was deep enough in the water, I swam up to Jason. Jason turned around to face me in the water, a look of surprise and amusement lighting up his face. He grinned, "So, you decided to come join me after all."

I laughed, while blushing. "Yup."

Jason laughed, reaching below the waters, taking hold of my legs and lifting me. I squealed, and hit him in the shoulder playfully, "Put me down!" I said, not meaning it at all.

Jason's eyes glinted with love and he smirked, "Nope, cant do." He said, pulling us both underwater.

My eyes widened and I held my breath underwater. I managed to free myself of Jason and then I came up, gasping for air.

I laughed, "Jason! I'll get you back for that!" I screamed playfully, starting to swim after Jason. Jason led me to a wild dance of swimming, and I wasn't able to catch him. He was a far better swimmer than I was, but I got hold managed to get hold of his arm and then with all my might I pulled him underwater with me.

My eyes locked on Jason's eye under the water. His were mocha brown, deep and filled with love and joy. Looking into them I accidently breathed in, and then I came gasping up in the surface.

Jason laughed, "What? Did I do something to you babe?" he whispered into my ear from behind, his warm breath hitting my wet chin. I blushed, laughing.

I lost count of time. The sun rose higher in the sky and eventually me and Jason stopped fooling around. I just lay there in the water, floating on my back. So did Jason. I started up at the blue sky, there were sea gulls overheard, squawking, I smiled in peace, closing my eyes against the sun. The sun was warm on my front, and the waves gently rocked below me. I sighed. I had never ever felt so happy and peaceful.

Jasons's story last night had stunned me, horrified me and left tears in my eyes. But now, I felt like I knew him so much better, from a different angle. I had never left this feeling before, like this feeling of utter peace, that as long as Jason was there, I was going to be alright. That feeling.

He wasn't just the criminal that went around killing people. He was a human.  A human with a story, a past. A human with a heart. A broken and punctured heart. And I knew, that a part of me, inside, wanted nothing more than to fix his trampled heart.

I jumped as I felt Jason's lips on my ears, "Sexy choice of underwear," he said, his voice husky in my ear as ran his hand over my stomach.

I blushed furiously, but before I could get a word in to comment back, I felt Jason's hands tighten around my ankle, and with tug, he had pulled me underwater again.

I squealed, swallowing a pint of salty water and then coming back up, spluttering and gasping. Jason came up to laughing.

"Jason McCann! Do you intent on killing the girl you love?" I gasped. Jason's eyes softened, as he filled up the space in the water between us.

"No...I plan on kissing the girl the love, more like..." Jason trailed off, his voice calming. He cupped my delicately, as if fearing I would jolt away and look at him through hate filled eyes.

I stayed still, a small smile playing at my lips. Jason crooked his head to the side, a shadow of love casting over his eyes and he slowly inched his face towards mine.

Unable to wait anymore, I closed my eyes, and crashed my lips with his.

My first kiss. Jason McCann.

Jason kissed me with passion and desire, his lips were soft and warm and his breath minty. His lips felt amazing on mine. As an inexperienced kisser, I did my best to copy his moves, blending my lips with his.

But then I stopped copying him, loosing myself, I wrapped my arms around hi shoulders, using that to filt myself up while kissing me. He ran this hands through the ends of my long hair, and using his other hand, he supported the back of my waist, his hand gentle and firm.

Feeling light headed and fuzzy, I reluctantly pulled my lips away from his. Catching my breath I opened my eyes and looked up at Jason.

Jason smiled down at me, "That was...I love you Anna..." He spoke with wonder, not able to finished his sentence. His face held many emotions. One of them being love.

I smiled, wrapping my arms around his torso, feeling the water bob us up and down. "I think..." I trailed of, a warm, tingly feeling sweeping through me, I took a deep breath, "I love you too." I said, crashing my lips down on his once again.

a/n
sorry i have been slow on updating but i promise to start updating for often. i hope you enjoy the chapter and happy valentines day 💗
ily all