Chapter 7: The Lingering Scent

Most Awaited POV is here! Excited?

"That's it. You're ready to go!" I cheered up Vedansh after he finished his most tantrum-ed chore of the day- drinking a glass of milk.

He smiled at me and looked at mirror to check if he had anymore traces of milk on his upper lips.

"Papa?" He called me out. I hummed in response as I stood there looking at his reflection.

I still remember the day he was born, how tiny and alien-atic he looked. With skin like old-aged people he had the face structure like many other babies. Honestly, I was super confused when I was asked to find him among the dozen of babies in the incubator. All of them looked literally the same! If not for the tag on his little wrist, I would have definitely got home a wrong baby.

"Do I look handsome?" He asked. I raised one of my eyebrows in response at his sudden apprehension.

"Ofcourse, you do. Why the sudden question?" I asked him.

"I am going to find angel again. I want to look the best around her." He grinned through his reflection.

I was still confused about the mysterious personality I have been hearing the rants about.

Definitely some cute girl with pigtails he has crush on. But isn't he too young to have crushes?

"How old is she, champ?" I inquired.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "But she's awesome!" He beamed.

"Bye, papa!" He screamed and sprinted off.

"Aaram se!" I yelled after him. Honestly, it was refreshing to see him smile so brightly. It was rare to find him in happy and playful mood. Many would think it was because of his mother's demise, but the truth is far from that.

(Be Careful!)

Sighing, I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. I know better than to think bad about an already dead woman.

Walking out of my room, I got a call from my secretary. I frowned at the thought of another problem awaiting me.

With Vedansh being young and acting like I am the only parent he has around for a long time, it was difficult for me to handle the political issues and the family textile company.

Instructing my secretary through the call, I walked towards the living room. I could hear a lot of arguments. Probably the Chauhans and my family arguing again. I sighed at the mess my life has become.

I craved peace, warmth and love. The essential elements my life has been lacking for the past decade.

I was still in a haze when something passed through the corridor like the Palace was on fire. It was wierd to have people running around here.

Jaipur Palace wasn't a place of chaos and joy. It was generally very quite with the servants working like they aren't even there.

Looking back at the sprinting woman, I found her silhouette to be extremely familiar. I froze when her lingering scent reached my nostrils.

The same combination of sandalwood and coconut.

~•~•~

As I sat in my cabin, spinning the paper weight on its centre of gravity, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder off to the incident at palace.

It wasn't like the scent was rare and couldn't be possessed by any other woman in this world. But the familiar warmth it surged in the pit of my stomach, was unique.

"What are we doing here, Kriti?" I whispered into her ears. She flinched and jolted up in fear. Smacking lightly on my chest, she made me smile by displaying her cute pout.

"Don't scare me." She scolded and got back to play with the little bottles of scents on the counter.

"And to answer your questions, I was customising my perfume." She said inhaling another fragrance of the costly scents.

"Itni mehnat kyu karni hai tumhe? Can't we just get something from Mela Vitta or Gucci or Channel?" I whined. We had been shopping for the past few hours and my legs were at the verge of breaking.

She rolled her eyes and shook her bead in negative.

"They can't synthesis what I am looking for." She mumbled. "I want a typical combination of coconut and sandalwood." She said.

"So that's the reason your neck smells so delicious?" I teased her and watch a red tint of blush coat her cheeks.

"Sir?"

My secretary broke my trance. I hummed in response and shook my head to get out of my thoughts.

"What's the progress?" I asked him. "Any information?"

"I asked Mr. Verma to look into the matter. Turns out the tender had been given to another textile company. Unexpectedly, it wasn't an Indian rooted company." He said.

"Sources expects it to be from Java. It also supports the local handloom owners of Java and has been ruling over the textile industry for the past few years. The best part is that the company is open for new tenders and partnerships." He reported.

"Any idea about the Executive Board?" I asked him. He shook his head in denial.

"We managed to get the email address of the CEO's personal assistant. We dropped a mail and got a managed to get her phone number. With your permission, I can set up a meeting with the CEO, if you wish." He finished.

"That would be really good. We can expand Pink City Enterprises to other parts of Indonesia once we are well rooted in Java. I think this might be helpful."

"Please make sure you set us an appointment for this week." He nodded and took out his phone to give a ring.

"The appointment is set for tomorrow. Is that okay, sir?" He asked me after a few minutes of consultation.

"Will it be an online confrence?" I asked him to verify.

"The CEO and it's team is currently in Jaipur. If you're fine, they can have a conference at our centre." He verified. I nodded in response.

I don't know why, but my heart has been frantically at a high pace.

"What's the CEO's name again?"

"Ms. Sanskriti Chauhan."

~•~•~

Tada da da.

I am sorry for the cliffhanger but thoda suspense to banta hai na boss.

Also, Fate's Connection is #11 in arranged marriage. Can you believe it?!

Don't forget to vote and comment on the chapter! I'll make sure to update another chapter my noon, tomorrow!

Till then, take care!