Chapter 24: The New Guy

The Royal Palace was a chaos this evening

The Royal Palace was a chaos this evening. With the royal twins returning home after a decade, they were all excited.

It would be my first time meeting them. Though I have seen some of their pictures here and there, I know nothing more about them, except the fact that they were my husband's step siblings.

Arunaditya was neither excited nor grudging over their arrival. He was calm, like every day. He patiently dressed up Vedansh as he kept rambling about Ruhani. He seemed to have a special connection with his bua.

Soon, we all were gathered in the living room, awaiting the trios arrival, sipping on a cup of tea. Vedansh was busy showing something to his grandfather on his phone as Kaka Sa was looking at the screen, squinting his eyes.

"Surprise! Surprise!" Came a sweet young voice. Looking up from our phones, we saw whom I suppose is, Ruhani Rathore dressed up in a black tank top and black ripped jeans with a green jacket. She had a cool look for sure. Her hair were completely curly and brown.

"Ruh Bu!" Vedansh screamed and crashed into her knees. Ruhani giggled and picked him up onto her hips before letting out a gasp.

"You have become heavy baby!" She managed to squeak out. It was a humourous site to see. All of us were watching the two youngest members of family interact stupidly with a grin on our face.

Then entered a man, slightly shorter than Arunaditya, with complete curly hair again. He had his spectacles on and looked like a complete nerd. He gently flicked Vedansh's head.

"Ooi! Sirf Ruh Bu ke liye hugs and kisses? Raj chachu ke liye kuchh nahi?" Complained Abhiraaj Rathore with a fake pout on.

(Are you going to give your hugs and kisses only to your Ruhi Aunt? Nothing for your Raaj chachu?)

"Oho, double battery! Don't be jealous! I didn't miss you even a bit!" Vedansh exclaimed playfully making us all burst out in laughters. The look on Abhiraaj's face was commendable.

"Shut up, chhote chuhe!" He grumbled out making Vedansh giggle in response.

(Little mouse.)

"Did you guys meet Mumma? She's awesome!" Vedansh had a different twinkle in his eyes as he dramatically spoke about me. Getting out of the twins' hold he ran back to me. Pulling me by my hand, he made me wonder how come a small body like his have so much power.

"Mumma! Meet Ruh Bua and Double battery chachu!" He introduced us. I gently glared at him.

"Don't make chachu sad. Greet him properly, Ansh." I told him. He giggled before nodding. Signing him to come down, he gently wrapped his arms around Abhiraaj's neck, pulling him into a hug. "I missed you Chachu!" He squeaked out making Abhiraaj look at him gleefully.

"Hi guys. Myself Sanskriti Chauhan Rathore." I introduced myself with a small smile. I knew nothing about them but they seemed nice.

"Sanskriti Chauhan as in owner of Chauhan Textiles?" Abhiraaj's eyes were widened in shock. I nodded with my eyebrows furrowed. I wonder how did he know me.

"Oh my God!" He began jumping on his place. "I am a hugeeee fan of you ma'am!" He scrambled out making me chuckle. "Oh my God! Oh my God! I am freaking out! Give me a minute to digest this!"

Ruhani smacked his head with a jerk. "Ab aa gaya hosh mein?" She smirked at him.

(Are you conscious now?)'

"Hey ma'am! We are a big fan of you! Humare pure college mein aapke charche hai like you are a big idol for all the business pursuing students there."

Ruhani explained. She was nervous too but did an excellent job in building an image full of Pseudo-confidence.

Before I could reply anything, a hand snaked around my waist. Talk about possessiveness.

"Stop jumping, you bandar. Bhabhi hai tumhari." Adi grumbled out. The twins' eyes widened more if possible. They probably had never seen their brother behaving like a love sick teenager with any woman before. Well honey, none of them were Sanskriti Chauhan, you know.

(She's your sister in law!)

I rolled my eyes at the trio.

"Bas Adi! Don't be jealous." I hissed quitely. He looked at me with a pout. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Anyways, you guys must be tired. Baaki sab se mil kar, take some rest. We can continue this tomorrow." I politely told them.

"You're mine." I heard a grumble beside me. Ofcourse, the big baby.

"No doubt, sweetheart. I am yours." I reassured him. He looked satisfied.

"Well look who it is. The great Arunaditya Singh Rathore with his new wife. Isn't it?" Boomed a new voice. We looked back at the entrance.

It was Abhiraaj's so called friend who was to accompany him, probably.

I felt Adi freeze beside me. He looked scared now. Looking back at the new guy, he looked around Arunaditya's age, a lot older than the twins. I wonder how come they are friends with him.

"Oh! He's my friend. Well technically he was Meera bhabhi's friend. We met back at the University as he was one kf our professors. He helped us a lot. He asked us if he could accompany us to Jaipur palace to offer his last prayers to Meera bhabhi and we agreed." Abhiraaj said.

"Oh, come in beta." Kaka Saheb welcomed him. He entered in with a smirk being constant on his face as he went past Arunaditya.

My husband had a tight grip around my waist as his eyes occupied pure fear.

The new guy looked down at Vedansh as his eyebrows furrowed and eyes held fury, with an ounce of guilt and longing, maybe.

"Who's this guy? I am not getting good vibes from him." Vedansh whispered near Arunaditya, making him break out of his trance. "Because he isn't a good guy, sweetheart." Arunaditya managed to mutter. His voice was heavy as his eyes were teary. He looked at Vedansh intently and then back at the new guy, making me confuse than ever.

He picked up Vedansh in his arms, held my wrist in his other hand and dragged us towards our suite quitely. He seemed to be uncomfortable in the new presence.

While walking towards our suite, I heard Abhiraaj's voice, making me freeze in my tracks.

"He's Ved Shrivastav."

~•~•~
*Beethoven's music*

You know who it is, don't you?