Chapter 11: Maasi?

*sighs*
Do comment. It's free of cost. That's all.
~•~•~

Coming back from his office, my mind was in a haze

Coming back from his office, my mind was in a haze. Like a broken record, the events kept playing in my head.

Me enduring all those shits. Running away to Rome. Meeting him in a cafe. Being travel buddies and collecting tones of good memories. Coming back to the Palace. His betrayal even though he never confirmed our commitment. Running away to Java. Working my ass off in fury and resentment towards him. At the end, coming back to his city only for my heart to crave his warmth, one last time maybe.

Picking up a few tubs of ice-creams, I headed back to the Palace. I had promised Vedansh about spending time and I am not gonna ruin his mood because of the mental baggage probably his father and his family gave me. Nada. Not happening.

As soon as I parked my car, I saw Vedansh sitting near the parking lot, probably waiting for me. My heart clenched at the longing the little guy felt. Even though he was surrounded by people who loved him, he was just like me, a lonely soul. The only time I felt him truly smiling his heart out was with his father, apart from me. I don't know if it was the common hollow of our heart that made our bonding so strong in the past couple of days, but I truly feel like I am going to cry when I miss him once I go back to Java.

Brushing off the thoughts for now, I got out of the car with a small smile. As soon as he saw me coming out of the car, he grinned really hard and dashed to crash onto my knees making me laugh out loud as he squealed.

"I missed you!" He pouted. I softly ruffled his brown locks. Both of his parents had deep dark black hair, I am still guessing whose hair he possesses. Maybe someone from his father's maternal side.

"I missed you too, little lion." His grin widened if possible.

"That's a good nick name!" He fist bumped me and pulled me through the corridors to his grandparents' room.

The air around Rani Sa was still awkward but I didn't pay a heed to it. It wasn't like I am going to stay here for too long.

"Good Evening, Kaka Sa, Kaki Sa." I muttered and gave them a small smile. Kaka Sa returned me a genuine smile while Kaki Sa just nodded as she was busy writing down something in her big red diary. It wasn't my place to peep in.

"Did you bring me ice-cream, Angel?" Vedansh asked me as he took his place back, between his books. He must have been busy doing his homework before I called him to ask about what flavour he would like.

"Ofcourse, Ansh. Get two spoons from the kitchen and wait for me in your room while I change into something comfortable quickly. Will you?" I asked. He obediently nodded and ran off to do the chore.

"The more you emotionally attach yourself to him, the more he's going to cry when you leave, Sanskriti. Remember that." Rani sa said.

Of-fuckin-course.