Chapter 25: His Blood

The night life of Jaipur was a scene to be witnessed

The night life of Jaipur was a scene to be witnessed. Unlike many other big cities, Jaipur had colour and traditional touches even today in the air. The streets around the palace were full of vendors trying to sell their handmade items to the visitors who were pretty excited to witness the palace glowing with golden lights at night.

They were happy and guilt free. Unlike Ved Shrivastav.

Sitting at the terrace with a bottle of rum in his hand, he couldn't help but feel guilty for every single sin he committed in his life.

It all started with a stupid bet.

He used to be the topper at his University. Being a student who got his studies financed by various scholarships due to his poor family background, he didn't get a choice but to remain excellent in his academics. He had no interests in girls or having 'fun' around, until he became friends with Arunaditya.

They were 17, young and lonely Indians in the place full of whites. Thought they weren't bullied, people treated them different.

He felt in love with a gorgeous Italian lady, Isabella Moretti. She was a petite brunette with a lot of male attention. However, when he confessed his love, she told him how she was rather interested in his best friend. He was a gentleman and knew how to handle rejections. What irked him was how she insulted and mocked him infront of the entire college. His ego couldn't handle being insulted about his parents' pocket because he knew how hard they had worked for his elementary education. Later he came to know, how his bestfriend had approached Isabella and asked her to rather forget him and accept Ved's proposal. When denied, he tried playing cupid by letting his financial secrets out. Arunaditya had assumed Isabella to be a decent kind hearted lady, who might understand his bestfriend's struggles and accept and love him back the way he deserves to be. Little did he know, how his entire life would be shattered because of his naiveness. Ved was mentally devastated. His grades deteriorated. His scholarships were withdrawn. He was forced to drop out of the university due to lack of finances to pay the fee. His dream of being a software engineer was now buried feets under the ground.

Ved was feeling betrayed by his best friend would be an understatement. He also came to know how he was betrothed to the princess of Udaipur.

Once Arunaditya left for his world expedition, he persued Meera. By hook and by crook, he made her fall in love with him and convinced her to let this be a secret. He maintained a constant intimate relationship with her too. However, his plan had an unwanted hinderence. Meera became pregnant. He freaked out and ran away. Meera did what she found the most suitable way to protect herself and her baby from the society. She had witnessed how Sanskriti was suffering because of her father's extra marital affair. She didn't want the similar fate with her child.

A year later, Ved returned. He clearly refused accepting Vedansh. Meera didn't mind his decision as long as he was in love with her. He made his visits to the palace constant in the absence of the elders, only to downcast Arunaditya. He wanted to make him feel insulted by having sex on the same bed, with the same woman, Arunaditya supposed to be. However, he never noticed how Arunaditya was least interested in his wife. His sole concentration was on his business and Meera's son. When he came to know about the issue, he slowly started drawing himself out of the relationship. Meera was however adamant. She didn't get his subtle hints of separations. He had to lie about himself being in relationship with another woman to get Meera out of his back. However, Meera committing suicide wasn't what he thought about. He felt guilty. Unexpectedly, he had Meera's blood on his hands.

He wanted a closure now. He wanted to see Arunaditya looking defeated atleast once. He wanted his best friend to apologise for what he did years back. He would then move on, without looking back.

His thoughts were clouded with the vengeance of past insults, his broken dreams and dim future. Though he was employed and had a decent salary, he wasn't satisfied with the way he was leading his life with resentment, guilt, regret and hatred. He wanted love. He wanted something to return to. He wanted a reason to not jump of the cliff and live his life.

Heaving a sigh, he drank another big sip of the throat numbing liquid.

"Is that alcohol?" He heard a soft voice. Looking around he saw Meera's son looking between him and the bottle. He hummed in reply to the child's curiosity. Now looking carefully, intoxicated and unsure, he noticed how he was a perfect mixture of him and his ex girlfriend. He had her face structure. The child's eyes were just like him.

"You know, mumma says, when humans are sad they actually want someone to love them like they deserve. You look sad too. Do you want someone to love you?" He asked. Ved was astonished to hear the little child speak with so much maturity yet full of innocence.

"I do." He gruffly replied. Vedansh ducked his head to a side and put his finger on his chin, just how he saw one of the child actor doing in a movie when he was in deep thoughts.

"Okay. I'll love you. Loving someone is always beneficial. I have nothing to loose." He shrugged innocently. Ved gulped at the feeling swirling through him. How easily his son guaranteed him the love he has been craving for.

Is this what he needed in his life? A family? If not true love, he could definitely get a family of his own. It wasn't late. The child was still young, nurtured and lovable. He would be blessed to come home to a soul like him. As for his bestfriend, he had recently got married and was young too. He could anyday make his own child. However, Ved couldn't find his better half. He had already given up. He had accepted that he could never get a good woman to love.

A sudden turn of emotions swirled in him. He was now determined.

Determined to get what was his. His child. His blood.

~•~•~

Idiotic morons.

Do you feel bad for Ved? What are your thoughts about this new character?

Thank me later for double updates. 😏😂❤️