Chapter 16: Mumma

Waiting for your in-line comments!

My head snapped at Dadi Sa's announcement

My head snapped at Dadi Sa's announcement. Turning my head towards Aditya, I saw his eyes widened and his throat moving up and down as he gulped.

"What do you mean, Maa?" Kaki Sa asked.

"Sanskriti gave me the freedom to choose a groom for her. And I decide to fix this alliance with Arunaditya." She shrugged.

Arunaditya. That's his name.

My voice seemed to be frozen as I continued to stare him, while his eyes travelled everywhere except me. He looked troubled. Maybe, scared too. Maybe be he's scared of Karma hitting him hard?

I smirked a little at my fate. Maybe, this is a chance a for me to seek my vengeance. Not as brutally as he broke my heart, but yeah, I'll get back to him. No matter what.

I knew I could only pretend moving on from him. Marrying another man and not being able to submit to his expectations from the marriage, could only lead to huge disappointment, for both me and him. What's wrong with getting married to the man who betrayed me and have some fun with all the games I could play?

"I am ready for the marriage. Keep the ceremony simple with at max 50 guests. That's my only request." I agreed and moved out of the dining hall without sparing another glance to anyone.

I dialed up my secretary's number and asked her to bring the files for our alliance with Arunaditya's company.

The only two factors that I won't be using against Arunaditya is his son and his company. Using all other ways, I swear I'll get back at him.

"Adi?"

He hummed in answer as he kept playing with my hair, probably trying his best to braid them, however failing successfully.

"Are you going to get married according to your family's wishes?" I asked him. I could feel him getting still behind me. Maybe, he didn't like to talk about his family like me. He took a deep breath before answering me.

"Though, it's my dream to get married for love, I don't know what my future holds. It also might be difficult for me to deny my family if they get persistent."

"Then I hope you get married after falling in love." With me. I wanted to add. But didn't.

I chuckled at my fate. Indeed, I was getting married to him. The only factor missing in our case was, love.

A knock at my door indicated the presence of my secretary. Atleast, that's what I hope for. On my permission, she entered with her entire set up of laptop, tablet, notepad and a few files along with other stationaries. I helped her with its placement on the small study table placed at the corner of the room.

Work distracted me from my thoughts and I couldn't complain. If anything, I was glad. The sun blared as time neared the lunch. A grumble roared my secretary's stomach as she gave me a sheepish smile. I chuckled softly and asked her if she wanted to join us for lunch or would like to take the rest of the day off. She wanted to explore the city and try out some famous food joints so she chose the latter.