Chapter 17: The D-Day

Umm.. Hi?
I know I am being way too irregular with the updates. And sorry if the suspense is being irritating but I am having my exams right now.

Hope you understand.

*Don't Play The Song Untill asked to!*

The sky was well lit with fireworks adorning its glory. On a full moon night like that day, the city was joyful. They weren't invited to their Kunwar Sa's remarriage but they were happy to know that their Yuvraj was moving on from his late wife's grief. They weren't very fond of Yuvrani Meera. She was everything they wished their queen to be not- arrogant, egoistic and carried a look that clearly states how disgusted she was of the common people- particularly the one with very little money in their pockets.

In the past decade, they got a very few chances of having the queen among them. They weren't even excited when she used to start her expedition in villages because they knew she must have been forced by Rani Sa to do that. However, that didn't affect their love for Arunaditya. He was a humble, kind and big-hearted royal kid. If anything, they felt like he was a part of their own family. At numerous occasions, he had proved himself being worthy of all the love and support he has been recieving.

*Play The Song*

On one-side the city was head over heels for the arrival of new Yuvrani, while on the other hand, the bride and groom had grim expressions on their face. They feared what the future held for them. Maybe, more betrayals, tons of vengeance with a lot of misunderstandings. Nonetheless, Arunaditya was determined to give his best this time. No matter what, he was determined to bring his relationship with the love of his life from below zero to the sky. Sanskriti, on the other hand, was at the verge of crying. She was confused about what to feel- happy because regardless of the circumstances, she was getting married to the love of her life, angry at the circumstances, melancholy at the past or nervous for the future.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath. She saw a smiley Vedansh right in front of her eyes. If not anyone, atleast Vedansh was happy having a direct relationship with her. She's never going to let him down, she pledged.

A knock on the door revealed his Dada Saheb. He was going to walk her down to the mandap. She couldn't be more thankful about not seeing her parents right now. She nodded as she stood at the entrance towards the royal garden.

She began walking towards the Mandap with her Grandfather by her side. A smile crept upon her nervous face when her eyes landed on a bouncy Vedansh, adorned in a royal blue velvet sherwani, standing beside his father who wore the same attire with an added Pagdi of creame colour and the traditional dagger and sword. It was a Rajputana Tradition for the groom to pass on his dagger to his wife, as a symbol of equal respect, partnership in decision making and equal efforts to protect each other.

Walking towards the Mandap, Sanskriti's mind was a huge mess. Even though the marriage was taking place at the interval of 2 weeks' time since the day Dadi Sa announced the alliance, Sanskriti's mind could never find peace. She made sure to drown herself in work. However, the nights were spent restless and full of overthinking.