Chapter 22: Ruining Meetings

"So, what's next?" I asked the litte demon sitting beside me

For the past couple of hours, we have been living our lives to the fullest. We had a hearty breakfast, movie marathon, pranks on the servants and family members, stuck chewing gums in Kaki Sa's closet, played dart at Meera di's photos and scrolled through the virtual copies of photos of the marriage the studio owner sent us.

"Well, technically, I should be studying because I have my exams the upcoming week. But.." he side eyed me. "Who cares?" Both of us shrugged together.

"You don't need to know why triangle has three sides to survive in this world kiddo! You can manage without that, I am sure." I told him. He absolutely agreed.

"How about we visit Papa at his office?" I asked him, unsure. "Nah. It's boring. Papa is always busy in meetings when he's at his office." He pointed out. I gave him a smug smile. "Let's invade his meeting then."

I picked him up and dressed him up in his small tuxedo, leaving the bow tie in the closet. No need to suffocate the poor soul.

I got dressed up in one of my business suits too. I dialed my assistant and secretary's numbers and asked them to meet me at Arunaditya's office in an hour with the legal documents pf blank deals. All they need is to frame the conditions and put in the party's name at the the conference. Whatever deal he's thinking to sign, I am going to take control over it and display my evil laughs.

"Ready?" I asked Vedansh, tucking in his seat belt. "Born ready." He smirked out. We fist bumped and began the drive to his office.

We entered the glass building in utmost style with both of our glasses and poker face on. Striding through the reception, I waved my hands at the blaring receptionist who's trying her level best to stop us from entering. Poor receptionist.

But she can't get me arrested for trespassing my legal husband's property especially when I have his child with me as my partner in crime now, can she?

Smirking at the employees running and shouting behind me I kept my walking pace same as we kept dodging and striding into the conference room, I found it empty. I looked at Vedansh and we pouted simultaneously. We thought we could atleast ruin one of his meetings today. But Alas!

Turning around I saw a really hot man with a height of approximately 6'1", sharp jaw and an gut wrenching smirk on his face. No shit, Sherlocks. It was my husband.

"We wanted to ruin your meeting!" I pouted at him. He rolled his eyes and flicked both of our foreheads. "You guys are late, fortunately. The clients left half an hour before your dramatic entries." He informed us. Putting his hands on his hips, he looked around his office. The files were flying, employees were panting and the furnitures were displaced. He scowled at the scenery.

"Tum log mere employees ke saath Jung lad kar aa rahe ho?" He scowled back at us. Vedansh and I simultaneously shook our head in negative. We were the most innocent souls in the damn world at this instance. He rolled his eyes and ofcourse, didn't believe us.

(Were you guys having a war with my employees?)

"Sorry for the trouble guys. You'll be getting paid extra this month for the trouble my wife and my son caused." He announced. A huge grin got settled on the employees face. We made a face at their happiness. That's absolutely not what we wanted.

"And Chauhan Textiles' CEO will be the one paying!" He smiled smugly before whistling away into his cabin, making me agape. No way I was paying lakhs to his employees just for making them exercise a bit.

"Not happening. You guys were physically unfit and needed some exercise. Thank us and get back to your work stations." I announced and stomped into Adi's cabin with Vedansh trailing behind me.

"What was that?!" I asked him, barging into his cabin, of course.

"What was what?" He asked innocently.

"Why would you say I would be paying them?" I asked him crossing my arms. "Because you're filthy rich." He shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him. "So are you." I pointed out. "You're richer than me, Sanskriti Rathore. Don't be a miser now. Few lakhs won't dent your account now." He waved his hands with a smug smile.

"Mumma! Papa!" We heard a shrill shouting beside me. Vedansh stood their with a grumpy face. I raised my eyebrows at him making him pout. "I am hungry." He said. "Me too." I said and looked at Adi. Je sighed and got up from his big rolling chair. "Me three." He said and picked up his car keys.

"What do you guys want?" He asked us. "Pizza." "Biryani." "Ice-cream." "Choco lava cake." We listed off.

"Shaadi mein aaye hai aap dono?" Adi squinted his eyes at us.

(Are you guys here at some body's wedding?)

"Please naa Adi! Aren't you loaded? 4-5 dishes nahi khareed sakte tum hum do masoom bacho ke liye?"

(Can't you even get us innocent live a few dishes?)

"Please na papa! Aap to king ho na?! Itna to kar hi sakte ho." Vedansh supported me. I winked at him sneakily making him grin.

(Aren't you the king? This is the least you could do!)

"Apne mumma ke peeche ghum ghum ke tum bhi dramebaaz ban chuke ho!" He squinted his eyes at Vedansh.

(Your mumma is rubbing off on you!)

"Jo manga na hai manga lo.. but exams mein agar marks kate to mujhse bura koi nahi hoga yaad rakhna Vedansh aur uski mumma." He warned us.

(Order whatever you want. Your grades shouldn't go down, keep that in mind.)

Why is he so concerned about his marks? Typical Indian Parent. I scoffed at the thought.

I wish I had one too. I froze at the thought. This wish might have made sense earlier. But now I want nothing more than a legitimate relation with my parents. My body trembled as the possibilities of people getting to know the darkest secret of my life haunted me back.

"Sanskriti!" Adi's voice broke my stance. I couldn't be happier with his presence around me. I would have definitely fainted if he didn't wake me up. He hasn't enquired once about the reasons of my distress and I was grateful for that. I hope he never asks me.

I trusted him a lot. Trusting him with another secret wasn't difficult for me. However, voicing out the words my father told me at the palace would be difficult. I, for once now, can feel what Vedansh is going to feel in future, if he ever comes to know the truth.

No. I was determined to keep him away from his mother's deed for sure. I was now his mother. He's my son. I won't allow any dead spirits to haunt my child's future or break his innocent heart.

~•~•~

Ek pal mein jazbaat badal diye?

Anyways, we are half way through Fate's Connection. This story has 40 chapters plus an epilogue. And we are on the 21st chapter. I might as well complete this book with double updates. Do co-operate and vote and comment on the chapters.