Chapter 10: Fate

Note: It takes a lot of time and brain wrecking in writing the parts and plots of the chapter than what people expect it to be.

Updating daily creates even more problems in creativity of the parts. So, if I am updating the parts daily, I thoroughly expect you to give me an equally enthusiastic feedback too!

So, Don't forget to vote and comment. Please don't be a silent reader.

I'll be updating on a regular basis, i.e. daily- either one or twice a day. So, please do co-operate.

Each of the chapters are getting about 50 reads but hardly 5 comments! Don't disappoint me.

That's all.
~•~•~

She's Vedansh's Angel

I didn't know what to feel right now. My mind was numb and my heart was clenching.

She stood right there. Right infront of my eyes. She looked like an exquisite angel in her etheral shade of green suit. Her hair were longer than last time.

But the fact that she didn't even find me worthy to spare me a glance hurt me the most. I knew I was going to cry tonight. And the fact that my son would be sleeping in her embrace while cried for her, made me confuse what to feel.

My knuckles turned white as my grip on the metal railing grew stronger. I clenched my jaw tight as I tried hard to control the overwhelming surge of emotions in me. I was guilty, puzzled, angry, worried and scarred. But most of all, I could feel what she was feeling right now but she couldn't, because she never knew the truth. I never got a chance to explain her. She never had the time to give me a chance.

For her I might be a betrayer. A cheat. A playboy and God knows what not.

As I entered the study of Udaipur Palace, trailing behind Sanskriti, I saw Rana sa looking at her with a grim expression.

"Are you alright?" I asked Sanskriti. My voice seemed to gather unwanted attention from my former bestfriend, Meera.

What I expected was she would grant me with one of her famous grins and ask to hang out. What I didn't expect her was pushing Sanskriti out of her way and dashing throught the air to hug me. I wasn't really comfortable with physical intimations.. even with family and friends. But I knew not all of them would understand my uncomfortablity. So I didn't object and embraced Meera in a hug too.

Before I could comprehend anything, I felt a pair of lips at the edge of my lips. No she wasn't kissing me but she seemed to make it look like we kissed. I thought she might have intended to kiss me on the cheek and missed it by mistake. It was common for me to have my friends kiss me on the cheek as a greeting, especially after spending majority of my life in USA.

What I didn't see coming was Meera's ploy. At that moment, I didn't know why Sanskriti looked so heartbroken. I didn't knew what cause her to dash her away from me that evening.

I wanted to run after her but Rana sa's tight grip on my arm prevented me. He said she might have gone to greet her mother. But I should have known better than to fall for his words.

Later, after all the fiasco Chauhans and Rathores had to do, I was forced to sit with Meera and accept the holy matrimony, even though my heart and soul could never ever belong to her.

I was confused, baffled, angry, emotional and torn those years. I didn't know where and why Sanskriti ran away, I didn't know why I had to pay for my family's promises and Meera's deeds and why I had to pull a facade of having the happiest family of all time. I was just told to do so.

Later, after Vedansh's birth, I met Jahnvi. I remember Sanskriti saying Jahnvi to be her closest cousin. A hope of getting to know about Sanskriti bloomed in my heart. Even though I had a family of mine now, I craved for my first and only love of my life.

That's when she told me about how Sanskriti was devastated when she thought I kissed Meera in the study and how she got to know about the bethrotel from her evening when she was running through the corridors.

I wiped away the tear that streamed down my face. I was guilty even though I had done no mistakes. I had no say in neither my life nor my fate. And now, it was too late for explanations. She might have moved on. Must be having a boyfriend or even better, a fiance. I scoffed at the idea.

I swear it hurts. It hurts a lot. I don't even know what am I living for, whom am I working for. My parents solely want me for the throne. My grandparents are disappointed in me because I couldn't keep Meera happy. My wife never loved me. The woman I love doesn't even want to spare a glance at me. The Chauhans were absolutely after my money.

All I wanted to do is fly away to another country, buy a bar and drink untill I drown in alcohol nd drop dead.

But then, I had a kid to look after.

I heaved a few sighs and muttered quitely.. "It's okay. I am okay. Everything would be okay. Once Vedansh gets 25 years old, I'll fucking crash my car all by my own. No one would stop me. I have to keep breathing till then."

Turning around I walked back in. I had to remind myself that I had no more rights on Sanskriti. I have to let her live her life by her choice. She deserves to be happy after all that she had to go through. She'll be gone in a few days. Till then, I'll be strong. I have to do it, for everybody's sake.

I got emerged in the paper works, we signed the deal and Sanskriti walked out of the room with her team. Unlike all other time, I didn't shake hand with my partner after getting the deal.

I locked myself in my cabin and drowned myself in my work. I switched my phone off with only my emergency cell phone on. My family knew I don't like to be disturbed and how to contact me when an actual emergency arises.

Soon it was 2 am, I called my mother and asked her to make sure Vedansh had his dinner around 9 in the evening. And told her about my probability of getting late due to a new deal.

I got out of my office and headed towards the Palace. Now that I knew about her residence under the same roof as me, it was hard to control.

The Palace was silent with only the sound of wind ventilating. I had the sudden urge to check on her. I knew it was very wrong of me.

Asking one of the guards about where Vedansh is, he told me he slept with Sanskriti tonight. It gave me a better opportunity to not get caught when I visit her room. She might be asleep. I'll just take a glance and get out of her room.

Atleast, that's what I planned.

But ofcourse, when can fate be on my side?

~•~•~

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!