Chapter 26: His Father

Sorry for being late.

Rubbing his eyes, Arunaditya let out a yawn

Rubbing his eyes, Arunaditya let out a yawn. Looking beside him, he felt tranquil to find his wife sleeping peacefully beside him. A smile crept upon his face as he stared at his wife's calm, creaseless face.

"Subha subha ghoorna buri baat hai." He heard her sweet honey dripped voice though her eyes were closed. Snuggling closer to his home, his love, he pressed a kiss on her forehead.

(It's rude to stare early in the morning.)

"Koi buri baat nahi hai. Humara maal hum jitni der ghoore.. aapko kya?"

(It's not rude to stare at my own possession.)

Sanskriti's nose scrunched up at the choice of his words.

"And for once I thought, aap romantically bolenge 'Ghoor nahi raha nihaar raha hoon'." She fake sighed at her husband's antics making him raised his eyebrows in amusement.

(I wasn't staring, I was adorning you.)

"Itni filmy kab ban gayi tum?" He asked her with a chuckle leaving his lips.

(Since how long have you become so dramatic?)

"Jab se Vedansh se mili." She shrugged, making Arunaditya smile at his wife.

(Since I met Vedansh.)

"Okay. Good night. I want to sleep in some more time." She covered herself up until her face with the blanket.

Arunaditya carried on with his morning routine. He also had to make sure Vedansh was up and ready for school.

Entering into his son's room, his eyebrows furrowed at his absence in the bed. Knocking at the washroom, he found it vacant too. He panicked and ran towards Ruhani's room.

"Is Vedansh with you?" He asked without missing a beat as soon as a sleepy Ruhani appeared at the door.

"No bhai." Her eyebrows were furrowed too.

Everyone at the palace knew Vedansh never got up without his father. Even if he was up, he would not get out of his room, not until his father comes in to pamper-wake him. He craved love and Arunaditya was the most constant source of love in his life. He knew how to value the constants of his life.

Knocking at his parents, grand parents and Abhiraaj's room, he only met worried faces and negative replies. His heart thudded with anticipation. He couldn't loose his son.

"Where's Ved?" He asked as a cold tone overpowered his calm and kind nature.

"In the west wing." Abhiraaj replied. Sprinting towards the west wing, he found the room allocated to Ved empty. He broke down right at the door.