I came here to ask you out

*the next day, no ones pov*

the girls and Thing are exhausted from the night they had with the whole Thing being in danger situation. Wednesday is especially tired because she was up all night thinking. she was honestly super confused because the whole situation didn't make sense. why would the stalker do all of what they did last night just as a warning. they had the opportunity to have what they wanted which was Wednesday yet they didn't take her. was this just some sick way of whoever the stalker is of them playing with their food before they strike?. Wednesday wasn't sure but it was definitely bugging her. Enid was worried as well but she got so worried it actually made her more tired and able to sleep. as for Thing he was sleeping next to Enid afraid to leave her or Wednesday's side again.

*Enid's pov*

I woke up to see Wednesday just sitting at her desk staring at me. did she never go to sleep? wait she's staring at me!?

"Wednesday?" I say but she doesn't respond. never mind she's just staring into space not at me. wait why am I disappointed? that would be creepy if she was just watching me sleep. "Wednesday!" I repeat a little louder. she finally realizes I'm talking to her

"Yes Enid?" she replies in her monotone voice but I can tell she's tired

"Did you not sleep all night?"

"No" she looks at the clock "now get up we have to be in class in a hour"

"You should stay here today Wednesday, you need sleep" I say concerned. not sleeping can get you sick. which she may actually like..? that's weird and beside the point. she needs sleep.

"No"

"Pleaseee"

"No"

"What about Thing?" I say. ok I know deep down she's still worried about Thing so she might actually listen.

"What about Thing?" she asks not really caring

"He'll be scared here alone, he told me so last night"

"He'll be fine"

"Wenss look at that little fac-hand. are you really gonna leave him here alone and scared?!" I say pleading with her

"Fine" she gives in and I can't help but smile

"but (uh oh) if you ever use one of those pet names on me again I'll knock you across that thick skull of yours so hard you won't remember your own"

she wouldn't hurt me.. I don't think. so I'm not afraid "okay well I better go get ready.. WENS!" oh crap she's walking towards me. she's walking faster! why aren't I running?! my legs finally move and I'm in the bathroom with the door locked.

*a little while later Enid just went to class, Wednesday's pov*

I lay on my bed for an attempt at slumber but I hear a knock at the door. I look and it's Xavier. I really don't want to deal with him right now, but nonetheless I open the door.

"Hello Xavier, why aren't you in class?" I ask but don't really care

"I asked to leave to use the bathroom" he replies

"You're lost its not around here. goodbye." I say and start to close the door but suddenly his foot is in it.

he starts giggling but I am not sure why "no Wednesday, I don't actually have to use the bathroom" he says through his annoying laughter "I wanted to talk to you, I knew you'd be here since you weren't in class"

I stay silent while I wait for him to tell me why he's here.

"I-I came here to ask you out"