Her

*a couple hours later, Enid's pov*

"Enid please..."

"Nah Uh" I can't believe she wants me to let her help with that medicine cream shit. I can put it on my self!.. ok I probs can't reach but she's still crazy. I don't even wanna talk to her right now, I'm pissed at her and she thinks I'd let her touch me?

"Why can't a nurse just help me?!"

"I believe the doctor felt you'd be more comfortable having the help come from a friend instead of a stranger" a friend? are we? Cuz I thought 'friends' believe each other. I wanna say all that to her but I don't have the energy so I just huff.

She gives me this pleading look that I've never seen on her before but I simply shake my head. "All go get a nurse..."

Good that's good. Cuz I'm pissed at her right now. "Wednesday wait!" damn it, it was that look.

*

I know I should be mad and I am, but there's something so delicate and kind about Wens doing this for me. She hates touch but she agreed to help me with this everyday. Does she still care? Does she still.. love me? If she ever did.

Come to think of it this should probably hurt more, my stitches being fresh and everything. But it doesn't. rather than feeling pain I just feel Wednesday's hands, which is nice. Maybe I should try to talk to her-

"I'll be leaving now" I felt her hands pull away and now she's walking out. Should I stop her? There's not much to talk about, I mean she doesn't believe me but maybe if we just talk- fuck, she's gone.

*Wednesday's pov*

I decide to leave Enid alone after applying the cream since she made it clear she didn't want me in there. I'd considered telling her the truth but ultimately decided against it, Xavier or her could be lurking anywhere.

*Xavier's pov*

I was sitting in the waiting room debating whether I should go check on my love and the dog when I feel someone put a hand on my shoulder. I turn and although I don't recognize the skin, I know exactly who's under it

"Mother!"

Headcanon: Enid swears more when she's nervous or annoyed