Chapter 17

17: The Intelligent Older Brother

The Young Master's parents soon came as well to help with the situation.

After having peacefully returned home, the adults went into the study to discuss something.

Lin Miao and the Young Master went back to the Young Master's room.

Something deep in Lin Miao's heart hinted that something consequential was about to happen.

The Young Master, however, immediately checked his nightstand upon returning into his room.

He found it left with only some bottles of pills that he regularly took.

"Shuishui, did you see these pills when you left?" The Young Master asked Lin Miao.

Lin Miao shook her head, "I didn't pay attention to that when I left. I don't know."

Her mind was predominantly filled with sneaking to the hospital to be with her brother. Since the hospital had a wide range of medicine, she didn't remember to take the pills.

The Young Master was talking about his topical medicine and pills for his chickenpox.

The Young Master's brows furrowed, "Call grandma here."

He then thought of the adults in the study, so he asked Lin Miao to help him downstairs.

They unreasonably schemed against him and swept it under the rug.

Normally, the Young Master wouldn't fuss excessively, but this crossed his line.

They heard the grandma's voice outside the door of the study, "You have no idea where you went wrong. I'll tentatively believe that you have no idea why there are so many reporters. But, why aren't any of the other celebrities' children being exposed?."

"I'm telling you, it's because of your attitude. You think that children, by default, are also opportunities for hype. I've been putting up with all of it from when he was in your belly all the way to him going to school and falling sick. You say it's a need for your job, but you need to recognize that you're also a mother!"

Lin Miao firmly held the Young Master's hand.

The Young Master knocked on the door, his intentions unchanged by the argument inside the room. "Grandma, I want to talk about something."

The three people inside all quieted down.

Then, they opened the door.

The grandma was a bit tired, "Little Yu, we can take care of all this adult stuff."

"I know, I want to talk about how I got chickenpox." The Young Master clarified.

"I left all my chickenpox medicine in my nightstand when I left for the hospital, but they all disappeared after I came back. There were only the pills that I regularly took. The doctor also said the only way I can get chickenpox is from another person."

The Young Master was only so sensitive about this because the only change in his room the day before he was diagnosed was that he had Lin Miao's quilt.

The doctor said that the only source of infection is the infected, and Lin Miao had chickenpox before. Not having much medical knowledge, his first reaction was that there was something wrong with the quilt.

But the doctor dismissed it. The Young Master confirmed it again just before he was transferred to the hospital. It wasn't Lin Miao's problem.

However, the Young Master still wasn't sure about the quilt.

So he placed all the chickenpox medicine in the nightstand when he left.

The three adults' faces all suddenly turned serious.