Chapter 30

30: Visiting Gege

Lin Miao sat in the car, thinking that she could surprise her older brother once she arrived there. He would definitely be surprised to see her. He would probably think that she also slipped out of her home.

Then, she would tell him that the gym teacher drove her to the city for a badminton competition! He would definitely be surprised again! She wondered how her older brother was doing in his new school; if his teachers and classmates are kind...

Lin Miao's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the coach, who was telling everyone the rules for this trip. They were not permitted to wander around without notice as the city was big and it would be easy to get lost. They were also to watch other matches with the teachers when they were not competing.

Lin Miao felt as if she was struck by lightning. How was she going to find her older brother?

She had finally found an opportunity to surprise the Young Master, but suddenly, it completely disappeared.

Her change of emotions was so great that Mr. Feng couldn't ignore it even if he wanted to, "What's wrong?"

"I wanted to find Gege after the competition..." Lin Miao answered honestly.

Lin Miao was wearing her pink coat and had her backpack in her lap. She had a hint of sadness on her face as if someone just took her lollipop.

Mr. Feng realized then that her excitement was purely due to this opportunity to see her older brother, not due to the competition.

He paused to think for a moment, "Do you have his phone number?"

Lin Miao obviously had it.

Mr. Feng wrote it down, "Focus on the competition first. We can go see your older brother once the competition ends. I'll bring you there."

Lin Miao's eyes brightened up again.

They had reserved hotel rooms. Lin Miao slept in a room with two other girls. They were all tired from the lengthy road trip, so they didn't chat much and all fell asleep quickly.

Lin Miao didn't know much about this competition, she only knew that the teachers wanted them to win.

But Lin Miao had only won one game of tic tac toe out of hundreds with the Young Master, and that win was when he wasn't paying attention. She hadn't even won once against the teacher at badminton.

So, she thought that the teachers didn't have all that much faith in her.

Lin Miao also thought that the teacher only chose her to fill a blank spot as there were barely any girls in her grade who knew how to play badminton.

Thus, Lin Miao cluelessly walked up to the field.

Her mind was on visiting the Young Master after the competition.

The judge's chair to the side was very tall. Lin Miao was very curious towards it. Then she saw the judge climb up a ladder to the chair and sit in it.

She heard someone over the speakers say, "Lin Miao, Yu Jaja, prepare for your match."

Lin Miao saw a tall girl on the other side of the field.

Lin Miao smiled towards her, and her opponent seemed a bit surprised.

And then she smiled back at her.

Lin Miao had never participated in a formal competition. "The match starts now, Lin Miao is serving. Match score is zero to zero."

Lin Miao smoothly hit the birdie over.

She soon concentrated on the match, receiving and then smashing the shuttlecock.